1.    #1  
    spent most of yesterday playing with the Pre Plus that came from "HP Wireless Store." it didn't come with a Touchstone, though it did come with a $50 gift coupon for the HP Store -- coincidentally, the price for a Touchstone was 49.99 (ended up paying 4 something bucks for shipping).

how can I tell whether I need to get the replacement back for the Pre -- or do they all work now? the back that came with it is dull black with "palm" in silver letters.
    it will have a flat black matt finish intead of the glossy black finish
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the touchstone back is a matte black, the standard back is a shiny back.

Also if you take the back off you can see the touchstone parts inside.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    if it is a Plus, it comes with the TS back.

ps, you can get the TS for $10 and vzw onlinw, radio shack, etc. No need to spend $50.
    FYI, just ordered a tuchstone charger, and it came with an extra wall charger for 23.00 via amazon free shipping!
    make sure you get genuine palm stuff. The knock offs are terrible...
    it looks genuine... if not, will geve hella bad feedback!
    get lots if touchstones. Pit them everywhere.

if it says palm, they are genuine

vzw has touchstone/vzw car adapter with a second port/belt holster for 15 and free shipping. Put them all over. Perfect car mount to keep close by while charging...
    I have touchstones at home, cars and office! My Pre Plus lives from touchstone to touchstone.
    I do this, not because of battery life, they are just a convenient place to keep the phone.
    I also use the keep on patch so the phone does not sleep when on the touchstone.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    look on the inside of the back cover if its touchstone compatible it will have three golden rectangles
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    look on the inside of the back cover if its touchstone compatible it will have three golden rectangles
    2 gold plated contacts, not 3. Just an FYI.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Just picked up 3 TS from my local RS for $4.99. I was shocked, as was the cashier.
    only if you have a sprint Pre or Pixi. The 'Plus' models i
    already include the back that works with the touchstone.