1.    #1  
    New to this site. We are fulltime RV'ers and travel the USA in our motorhome. We are on Verizon with an LG, a Samsung and a VZW 727 card for internet and looking to purchase the Pre Plus to replace my LG flip phone. We would like to use the Pre to tether to our laptops and get rid of the card. My concern is that we wouldn't have the ability to plug in our Wilson phone antenna into the Pre Plus. There are times that we need that when travelling the boonies though we find reception getting better each year.
    John
    First - Welcome! I think you'll find these forums very helpful and informative.

Second - I don't believe the Pre has a way to hook up an external antenna. A repeater would probably be your best bet in that scenario, if you have a generator or other way to power one.
    doesn't the repeater require a broadband connection?

to the OP, does your antenna connect to your air card?

I've found the pre radio to get a great signal. Every bit as good as the aircard I used to have.

just trying to figure out what you are connecting that thing to, a phone or an aircard?

I no of no vzw smartphone that has a plug for an external antenna
    Hey B -

No, repeaters don't need a broadband connection. Those little femtocells (i.e. Sprint's Airrave) do, though. Repeaters are more or less amplifiers, picking up the signal and re-broadcasting it.

Most aircards have an antenna port and other than my pre, I think all my cell phones have always had antenna ports, though I am on Sprint.

i.e. on the Treo/Centro, there is a rubber plug on the back you can remove to expose the antenna port.

/AD
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnskp View Post
    New to this site. We are fulltime RV'ers and travel the USA in our motorhome. We are on Verizon with an LG, a Samsung and a VZW 727 card for internet and looking to purchase the Pre Plus to replace my LG flip phone. We would like to use the Pre to tether to our laptops and get rid of the card. My concern is that we wouldn't have the ability to plug in our Wilson phone antenna into the Pre Plus. There are times that we need that when travelling the boonies though we find reception getting better each year.
    John

i use the Wilson Sleek, its a cradle type booster and it works great.
    about $100 on amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by rgarcia3 View Post
    i use the Wilson Sleek, its a cradle type booster and it works great.
    about $100 on amazon
    LINK