1.    #1  
    After running EPR and updating, I still had the problem of my Icons rearranging themselves to the same place on reboot regardless of where I put them. I also had the texting problem that other people from Precentral have complained of where I could not text certain phone numbers when now I can after the Dr.
    Anyway, after updating and noticing lag issues and the same old problems, I decided to run the latest WebOS Doctor that I downloaded from a link I found on this site just to start out with a fresh Pre. I ran it, and signed into my profile and retrieved all of my Palm backed up info. I made a couple calls and everything was good to go, so off I went to my girlfriends house after completing the Doctor process.
    One hour later, when I attempted to make a call, I got the "welcome to Sprint" message. I tried again and the same thing occurred. I tried texting and that worked. I then called my phone from my girlfriend's phone who has Sprint btw, and the call came in no problem. I now was pis sed off. I rebooted my phone a couple of times, made sure my bill was paid, and still had the problem. I then called Sprint. Yes, this is where my problems really began!
    I will make this story as short as possible as my main purpose of this thread is to see if anyone else has had this problem. After three hours of calling Sprint, resetting my Pre, reprogramming my Pre, reprogramming an older phone, having Sprint keep trying to transfer me to tech support and getting redirected to the main menu, having Sprint disconnect the call on their end accidentally, having my signal fade on my end, having Sprint's customer service ask the mundane questions after every conversation with a different rep like "you may get a call about a survey, did I answer your question, is there anything else I can help you with" and so forth wasting more time on every call.
    After ruling out that it was a problem with either of the two phones I tried to activate, tech support fixed the problem by telling me they refreshed the network!! Can you believe that? After three hours of thinking it was my fault because of the coincidence of doing a doctor to the Pre (which just may have been the cause, although I was able to make outgoing calls immediately after completing the doctor), Sprint "refreshed the network" and everything was now fine.
    This problem was so infuriating to me that I am really considering leaving Sprint and this frickin Pre that I have a love-hate relationship with.

Is anyone here a psychiatrist?

Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Aweeeeeeeeeee but AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA sorrry to laugh, but OMG I have SOOO been there with the multiple call transfers, the hour after hour on tech support, and just your whole story. I have NO answers for ya, and NO Im not a psychiatrist, but just wanted to let you know you are SOOO NOT ALONE!

After those events, I have found the best relief is to open a giant bottle of wine, light a giant joint, eat a giant chocolate bar, or pick whatever your personal escape poison might be and just (as Mickey Blue Eyes would say)"Fuggetaboutit"
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Aweeeeeeeeeee but AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA sorrry to laugh, but OMG I have SOOO been there with the multiple call transfers, the hour after hour on tech support, and just your whole story. I have NO answers for ya, and NO Im not a psychiatrist, but just wanted to let you know you are SOOO NOT ALONE!

After those events, I have found the best relief is to open a giant bottle of wine, light a giant joint, eat a giant chocolate bar, or pick whatever your personal escape poison might be and just (as Mickey Blue Eyes would say)"Fuggetaboutit"
    Hey, you are a psychiatrist! I will do each and every suggestion you recommended tonight! Glad to know I am not alone. I am having so many problems with this phone now, I don't know what to do. I think I am going to switch, but I just don't know what other phone to go to.
    Well I can personally guarantee that if you follow my doctors orders, you will find peace and happiness HAHAHA

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I think everyone that has been or is currently a Sprint customer has been through this game!

It's not just a cell phone service, it's an adventure!!

I had that happen with my old phone and the scenario was pretty much the same, finally got someone that refreshed the network settings to my phone and all was finally fixed, but it took 2 days and several hours on the phone.

However, my biggest adventure was when I was having a phone sent to my son, in a different state than me. Somehow, they had a severe problem comprehending that it needed sent to another address, with a different name on the package and a different area code.

Took quite awhile to finally get him the phone, but I won't go into all of it.

However, it was only through the niceness of UPS that he finally got it.

But, the package went out with my name on it, not his and I was no longer living there and a PA area code, when he lives in MD.

UPS let me fax a statement giving my ex-husband permission to pick it up at their facility, but he had to drive over an hour, each way, to get my son this phone!!!!!

Yeah, I also resorted to the booze, chocolate.....
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Wow, Sprint is really horrible. For a little while there, they were doing better with customer support, but it seems that they have resorted back to their unprofessional ways.
    Yanno, I wont say they are horrible. Just certain times, it just seems you get caught in a loop of horror that seems to just frustrate the heck outta ya.

But I will say, in all fairness to Sprint, overall, whenever I have had an issue, that they could solve, they have gone out of their way to solve it.

I dont think its just Sprint, its customer service in general, between the majority of offshore support and the language barriers that creates, and the complexity of todays technology its just a game of endurance sometimes.

I Pre