1.    #1  
    Couple issues.
    Preware was not showing my patches so i webos Dr'd yesterday, reinstalled my patches and picked a shinny new theme. I only went with uberkernal because i was tired of having my phone lock up. Since i finished updating my phone the following has occurred.

1. Pre battery was draining fast yesterday
    2. Phone went dead last night and would not turn on ( would not even give dead battery symbol)
    3. Put my phone in the fridge over night (have had overheating problems lock my phone up in the past)
    4. Stuck in boot sequence this morning. (gets to loading screen then throws up the circle like its updating)

I would like to Webos Dr again, but it is now stuck on the palm logo. I would like to take it to a sprint store, but with it being over clocked i do not know if they will do anything. I got this replacement from assurion as well so thats another issue.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    pull battery adn wait about 30 mins.. let the capacity die down.. giving a full power down.. and report back..
    Put the Pre is recovery mode.

Pull the battery out. Hold the volume button "UP" and reinsert the battery. You will see a big USB icon. Pre will be in recovery mode and you can doctor.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    1. Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.

2. Remove the battery from the Pre.

3. Hold down the up volume button off to the side.

4. Put the battery back into the Pre.

5. Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)

6. Can release the up volume button now.

7. Run the webOS doctor from palm.com/rom.

8. Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.

9. Hit next when given the option and let it do its magic.

And if you're putting it in the fridge, I hope you put it in a Ziploc or some similar thing. There is moisture in your refrigerator and that is not necessarily good for electronics.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Ended up sending it back to asurion. I think the Sr71 nuked it but they didnt ask any questions. Thanks for all the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Ended up sending it back to asurion. I think the Sr71 nuked it but they didnt ask any questions. Thanks for all the advice!
    You know that if your reboot loop was caused by your use of sr71 that by sending it to your insurance company your commintting fraud?

Pip
    You could have just let the CPU cool down. If the CPU cools down, Pre will boot up and then you can install the default Palm Kernel via Preware and try something else. You didnt have to send it in. Thats what i did when i was having problems with the SR71. I just waited for a couple of minutes, When i was driving, i took my Pre battery out and stuck my Pre out the car window, so air can circulate inside it and cool it down well.