Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I was wondering if somewhere there are patches for the "wave" only (gesture up and hold, not sure how everyone calls it here). I've seen some pretty cool things in Preware, but they are all with some bigger patch I don't really want to install which will also change my dialer, launcher, etc. For those I've already selected some stand-alone patches I'm liking a lot so far, and I don't want my Launcher icons or calculator, etc. to be replaced.

Thanks!
    " Hide quick launch bar" works well
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    It's the quick launch bar and I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, as there really isn't much about that you can change. You can hide it, make it transparent and etc.

You'll get more help with a little more specificity.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    " Hide quick launch bar" works well
    +1 that's what I use
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I used it for awhile, but I prefer "Advanced configuration for app launcher" now, it really is a well thought out package of useful customization for the App Launcher and is simple to use.
    I used it for awhile, but I prefer "Advanced configuration for app launcher" now, it really is a well thought out package of useful customization for the App Launcher and is simple to use.
    I've got this, but it does different things. I also have one the hides the quick launch bar, when I open a launcher page.
    The advanced launcher hides the quick launch bar as well. To echol blaircraigon it really meets the needs and combines several patches into one.
    yeah the advanced launcher patch rocks, very well built, simple to use. I like being able to unhide the quick launch bar so easily, when I want to change my apps around. And all the launch page options, hard to believe it's all in one patch....
    You should know that the Advanced Launcher patch is well thought out patch. You can turn certain features off and on via the launcher menu, so it's not an all or nothing patch, very customizable. I highly recommend it as well.
    I don't think he means the quick launch bar.

He's meaning the quick launch bar in wave form.

And I have a feeling he's talking about themes also.

is that right Luzce?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    The half swipe perhaps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Is there a patch that lets you add more then the default 5 apps to the bar? I would REALLY like to have 7 apps down there if possible...
    I believe the OP is simply stating he wants to change the lancher bar's skin. That's why "I've seen some pretty cool things in Preware, but they are all with some bigger patch I don't really want to install which will also change my dialer, launcher, etc"

He is saying patches, but he is actually talking about themes. He wants to change the look of the quick launcher wave bar. And he wants to do this without installing a complete theme.

To my knowledge this cannot be done unless someone familiar with themes and skinning makes one that only includes the quick launch wave.

Find the author you like and email and request a "quick launcher bar wave only version of your skin"
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Wow. Lots of great replies, thanks guys. These are pretty much the best forums on the internet as I posted this question late last night, went to bed, and wake up with all these great answers. I'm impressed.

I apologize for my mis-use of the Pre terms. kill Dano pretty much understood what I meant. I wanted a theme to change the look of the Quick Launcher only, nevertheless, I'm looking at the Advanced Launcher patch as well as that seems pretty cool too.

Thanks again!
    Does anyone know of a patch that will allow you to add more apps to the Quick Launch bar?
    Hi Luzce, OK, so if I understand now, you basically want to change the appearance of the icons in your launcher bar/wave. If so, try the "theme forum" or Prethemer.com and ask your questions there.
    Hi headgamer, I don't believe that's possible at this point.
    Hi headgamer, I don't believe that's possible at this point.
    This is correct, it can't be done, you also can't get rid of the launcher icon.

You can change just the image file that is the background of the quicklaunch bar, wardlord9159 has a post on how to make it appear to be invisible, by making it clear with an image file, then removing the other icons and making the launcher button clear as well. I don't remember the name of the file though, but I am sure a search would bring up several posts that tell you what to name and where to send the new file to make it look different.
    Long story short, no, i haven't seen any themes just change the wave bar
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Does anyone know of a patch that will allow you to add more apps to the Quick Launch bar?
    If you absolutely do not hate having your phone in banner view (or whatever it is called) all the time (you now, the view where you have a little icon reminding you that you have a notification), you can use Quick Systems Tasks, which lets you stick toggles and apps on its dashboard. My default phone look is made to accommodate for always being in banner view.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM