1.    #1  
    Does anyone use YouMail voice mail service on a Sprint Pre? I have an issue where there is a 5 second delay from the time the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) and the greeting plays.

This may cause some people to just hang up without leaving a message because they don't hear the greeting right away.

I've contacted Sprint, there's nothing they can do. I've contacted YouMail support, they gave me a list of different access numbers, none of them were any better, still a delay.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has this problem using YouMail with a Sprint Pre.

Thanks!
    Same thing happens to me, I am in the process of running the dr. and upgrading to newest palm update 1.4.1-5 I am hoping it clears up a lot of my lag problems.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately I think it's a problem with Sprint's network, that's why I was curious to see if anyone else had the same issue.

YouMail is great otherwise, but the 5 second greeting lag pretty much kills it for me.
    Same here buddy.. I don't have any idea what causing this problem. It has been like this for the longest.

@reproboi, I think you meant to say 1.4.5
    I use YouMail indirectly. I have my phone calls conditionally forwarded to google voice. Then, in gvoice, I forward all my voicemails to youmail. I do this so that I can get my voicemail via youview visual voicemail app.

I do not have the 5s delay that you speak of. So it might be just the way that Sprint interacts w/youmail. Or it could be on youmail's side.

FWIW, I use google voice because I like being able to make up for the Pre's poor reception (or Sprint's poor signal) at my work. I set it up so that if my Pre doesn't ring, the call will be forwarded to my work phone, as described here.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I'm also looking into Google Voice. I already have it but haven't used it with my existing mobile number.

I really liked YouView, paid for a year's subscription only to find out later about the delay.

I should have tried the free version for awhile to make sure there weren't any problems. Oh well, maybe things will improve at some point.
    Sprint Pre with YouMail for voicemail. No delay at all. Moreover, I love how YouMail goes right to the beep after my greeting rather than annoying the caller with a useless SprintBot preemptively rattling off options they won't use.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Sprint Pre with YouMail for voicemail. No delay at all. Moreover, I love how YouMail goes right to the beep after my greeting rather than annoying the caller with a useless SprintBot preemptively rattling off options they won't use.
    I just switched to Google Voice and there is no delay at all. I tried at least 6 or 7 different YouMail access numbers and they all had the same delay.

Can you let me know what state you are in and what YouMail access number you are using? You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Thanks!
    Mine has a 3~4 second delay, but not enough for me to think that voicemail isn't going to answer. I'm in VA and I think the number I'm using is one with the area code 804.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Mine has a 3~4 second delay, but not enough for me to think that voicemail isn't going to answer. I'm in VA and I think the number I'm using is one with the area code 804.
    Mine varies, I think the best I've seen is 3-4 seconds, most of the time it's more like 5-6 seconds.

Maybe I'm being overly paranoid. I did have one call that went to voicemail from my sister and she never mentioned anything about a delay being a problem.

We aren't allowed to have cell phones at work, so I have YouMail set up to forward email notifications to my work email. That way, even if someone doesn't leave a message, I still get the notification.

There are instances where I need to know if someone (doctor, vet, etc.) is trying to contact me and I'd rather just use one number instead of giving out my work number also.