1.    #1  
    I just have to mention how my Pre Plus rescued a couple iPhone coworkers today. We had a division meeting in the auditorium at work. These things are so boring to me I'm falling asleep after just the first hour...would prefer the numbers in a memo. LOL Well I decided to listen to Pandora via my bluetooth to help stay awake, I could still hear the meeting though. When I got there 2 co workers I sat by had their iPhones and they were talking about their wired headphones that has the mic so if a call comes in they can take it. I had those 2 1/2 years ago with my dumbphone. I showed them my bluetooth and said I had Pandora on. They both showed me they have Pandora but their data package is small so they don't listen unless they connect via wifi. I told them I have Mobile Hot Spot did they want to listen...their eyes lit up shaking their heads yes. Turned it on, gave them the password and we all got through the meeting without falling asleep.
    Oh how I love my Pre!!!!
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/12/2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Sweet!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Outstanding.. I love showing my Pre Plus to friends. They look at it like some kind of alien technology, but they walk away impressed.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Nice, Great Job
    which bluetooth do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I know you asked the OP, but after reading the story and your question, I thought I'd chime in.

I have the backbeat 903. Absolutely love those headphones.
    I don't use them for calls all that much, mostly music. (Looking back I wish I would have gotten the backbeat 906)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Did yr battery dry before noon?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    I don't recall the OP saying her battery got wet.

(sorry .. couldn't help myself)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I bought the Samsung Modus 3500 (I actually bought both black and white because I love them so much!). Its one ear like your regular talk on the phone ones but these also stream music. At work I like to just have headphones in one ear so I can still hear my work phone or co workers or boss. It's small and comfortable and I can walk about 25 ft or more from my desk and still hear my music. Sound is good for me but now here's the good part: There is a little clip you can use to clip it to a pocket or shirt neck or whatever and a small adapter to put in the top and use your own headphones and still not be wired to the phone and have better sound. Can also use it that way for phone calls. And even better yet a $4 adapter online to insert into the earpiece and then into your auxilary jack on your car stereo if you have one and you can stream Pandora or your music or whatever through your car stereo. I'm very pleased with them and they serve my purpose. They do not have controls on them to forward to the next song or back etc, only volume up and down but my phone is near me on the touch stone so it's no big deal for me.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/13/2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    Actually, nope I was down to 40% but the meeting was only a partial day. I thought it did pretty good.

LOL so I guess it was still 'wet'
    Jolie

Oh to have friends with a wifi hotspot!! Cool story.

Funny, I have a Sprint on Pre and I don't have the mobile hot spot, but have a friend who has a plus with it. Sitting in a conference room and he was letting us connect, like you were, and we notice a guy walking around outside the conference room with a little netbook looking in all the conference rooms, etc. He finally knocked on our door and opened it up and said: "Does anyone in here have a wifi router turned on with a non-broadcasting SSID?"

My friend admitted that he did and the guy came in and wrote him up for having a non-corporate wifi device enabled in the building. So, using your mobile hotspot can have its drawbacks! ;-)
  12.    #12  
    Omg that is terrible to be written up for that.

The MHS is what drew me to the Palm, I knew nothing about Palm and the Pre Plus. I was buying broadband to go thru Virgin Mobile for my netbook that I bring to work to surf on my lunch hours. I carpool so I'm bored after eating and I don't want to connect to company wifi. When I saw the Pre and free MHS it was a done deal for me and then I found out what an awesome phone it is. Our company is a little behind the times so I think I'm safe for awhile. It was the only time I used MHS on company time. Lunches are my time so if I have to I'll go outside the building and sit. LOL
    Jolie

Awesome Story !!! Just ordered my pre plus should have it today or on monday. Converting from the Blackberry tour. I am looking forward to the Webos.
    This is a great story, condense it down into 140 characters and tweet it or I can do it and tweet it for you?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    This is a great story, condense it down into 140 characters and tweet it or I can do it and tweet it for you?
    You're welcome to tweet it for me. I have an account but haven't used it much. actually still learning lol
    Jolie

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio25 View Post
    Awesome Story !!! Just ordered my pre plus should have it today or on monday. Converting from the Blackberry tour. I am looking forward to the Webos.
    I came from a dumb phone, only really wanting to get the mobile hot spot and a little fancier phone than what I had.....ohhhhhh how I found out quickly what a wonderful phone it is and doing way much more with it than I planned!! Congrats!
    Jolie