1.    #1  
    I've been a Sprint Pre owner since launch day, but today I decided to take more control of my device.

Installed UberKernel, Govnah, Preware and WebOS quick install. Running at 800mhz now, along with many patches. (4x4, glass, reduce drag radius, faster loading, etc)

It's like a whole new device now. Very speedy, looks nicer, and I can do things like play Doom or Visual Boy Advance. The lag is gone, and dragging is much much more responsive. I'm honestly sad that I waited this long to do so. It seems like a glimpse into how my day to day experience with the next Palm phone will be.

I've been checking the "C40 info" thread everyday for months, and hopefully I speak for many when I say that I absolutely cannot wait for Palm's next device.
    Ya it seems a bit scary and frighting to begin with, but it is fairly easy if you follow the directions and take it slow.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Congratulations on the leap -- it's one of those things I read about before buying the phone that basically sold me. It's wonderful that Palm has been so permissive, even encouraging, of the homebrew concept and all the innovations that have come with it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    agreed. i did the same thing not too long ago and now i cant imagine not having all the patches and kernal. forget warranty... make the phone better thank you palm for well... not being apple
    yeah I almost delayed 1.4.5 because I didn't want to lose all that goodness, but what do ya know, everything was available on 1.4.5 and still humming along!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Welcome To HOMEBREW. Should U have any Questions people here will be willing to help you out.
    Last edited by TOOLEY; 08/13/2010 at 04:28 AM.
    I experienced a brief panic, when I went to update my patches and there weren't any updates available. I didn't want to be stuck running stock. Then I remembered I'd set feed check to once daily. I changed the setting, redownloaded the feeds and all my patches updated.
    I was back to my sleek, sexy, and gorgrous Pre. Whew
    Great that you took the plunge into homebrew. Good luck. As mentioned already, tons of people here to help if you have troubles.

If you want even more control over your device, you should check out Mode Switcher (see my signature for details). It is a great app!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    WOW! Great news. But when you set your mind to it, you really jumped in. And yes we may all hope that the new phones will be this enlightening.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    I've been a Sprint Pre owner since launch day, but today I decided to take more control of my device.

Installed UberKernel, Govnah, Preware and WebOS quick install. Running at 800mhz now, along with many patches. (4x4, glass, reduce drag radius, faster loading, etc)
    I'm using practically the same setup and glad you decided to jump since I've enjoyed patching for almost a year.

Glass rocks and makes themes pretty useless. 4x4v5 is also great and works perfectly. I'm using so many patches I've forgot what are necessary and must have additions. I had problems with 1.4.5 date and ended up redoing my whole config and setup. Thankfully things are now refreshed and working perfectly. Good to start over. Sorli...