Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    i have sprint. and i also have the mobile hotspot app in my phone. so yeah as you all know i can have a hotspot for up to 4 devices. any hooters. i was wondering ifd the update to the new webos 1.4.5 will break it? id like to update but i dont want to lose the hotspot. can any one answer this. please and thank you
    Still works for me!
    working fine
    EOM
    My concern is that when I had to run EPR, one of the patches that was removed was "Auto IP forwarding for Mobile Hotspot".

That one would not reinstall when I tried to put everything back from saved packages list. Will that cause MHS not to work? If so, how do I get that patch back?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    just reapply the patch, it is what i did and it is fine.
    EOM
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    My concern is that when I had to run EPR, one of the patches that was removed was "Auto IP forwarding for Mobile Hotspot".

That one would not reinstall when I tried to put everything back from saved packages list. Will that cause MHS not to work? If so, how do I get that patch back?
    This patch is not available in Preware so it won't reinstall from saved packages list.
    You'll have to manually install it using WOSQI or Preware.
    Easiest way - Just email urself the patch and install it from there.
    I had the same deal when updating to 1.4.5 on my Sprint Pre.

This thread contains the MHS app updated already to 1.0.14 with the Auto IP forwarding for Mobile Hotspot integrated.

You just need to download the two .ipk files in the OP and install.
    It works for me.

Hope that helps.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I had already installed both IPK files, so I still have MHS, Freetether and FretetherD on my phone. The only thing I'm missing now is the auto IP forwarding patch. If I just reapply that patch I shouldn't need to reinstall everything, should I?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I had already installed both IPK files, so I still have MHS, Freetether and FretetherD on my phone. The only thing I'm missing now is the auto IP forwarding patch. If I just reapply that patch I shouldn't need to reinstall everything, should I?
    correct, just install the patch and you'll be good.
    If you uninstall your MHS and Freetether stuff and install from my previous post, the patch is integrated into the updated MHS 1.0.14 IPK. You wouldn't have to install the patch then.

Or, like you said if you have it installed, do what RMB said and just install the patch over. It should work that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    correct, just install the patch and you'll be good.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie