1.    #1  
    Today I had to get a new pre from sprint because my old one which I had for a year had the infamous phone offline problem. I updated my pre to webos 1.4.5, and downloaded the preware app so i can get all my patches and themes back. But the problem is, when I tried opening preware is says that service is not found. And that I should try restarting preware or reboot my phone then try restarting preware. I've done that several times and damn PREWARE still wont load up or update any of the feeds. Can someone please help me figure out whats wrong. I really want those patches on my new pre.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: title edited to be more mobile friendly
    Uhmmm..Did you try uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    Today I had to get a new pre from sprint because my old one which I had for a year had the infamous phone offline problem. I updated my pre to webos 1.4.5, and downloaded the preware app so i can get all my patches and themes back. But the problem is, when I tried opening preware is says that service is not found. And that I should try restarting preware or reboot my phone then try restarting preware. I've done that several times and damn PREWARE still wont load up or update any of the feeds. Can someone please help me figure out whats wrong. I really want those patches on my new pre.
    How did you install Preware?
    You could have an older version that's not communicating with the service.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    How did you install Preware?
    You could have an older version that's not communicating with the service.

Pip
    I'm also guessing you're dealing with an older version. Current versions of Preware do not have a separate package manager service.