1.    #1  
    After discovering Uberkernal (and of course Govnah), I've a new found LOVE for my pre.

Once you go there, you can't stop till you dive head first into Preware and all it's goodies.

So, now to the problem: Text attachments. Other then the ONE AND ONLY chance you get to attach a photo or (now) a video.

Why can't I attach other things?
    - A contact
    - A phone number from a contact
    - The whole contact
    - Another Text
    - A scrap from the "clip board"
    - A note
    - etc.

I know if you go to a Contact and HOLD over a phone number, you can send it. Silly and backwards.

Better attachments please.

Unless, maybe, I don't know how to do it from Text.

- Patrick
    hit me..... i'd like that too.
    EOM
    I am not sure if it's possible, but I can see how it could come in handy to have this ability.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    you can copy a whole txt message by just taping on it and pressing on copy txt.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Geez, how many options would you want for attachments? The menu list would be bigger than the phone's screen if we just made an "Attach xxxxx" option for each file type...I think a universal type of copy option might just do perfectly, since we have a multitasking phone that can have more than one card open at a time, we would just 'tap-hold-copy' what we want to copy from first card, then go to text message card and paste into it with 'hold gesture area-v'. This would be much simpler than having 10 or more different "Attach" options inside the text message menu.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Popper668 View Post
    hit me..... i'd like that too.
    Cool avatar!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Geez, how many options would you want for attachments? The menu list would be bigger than the phone's screen if we just made an "Attach xxxxx" option for each file type...I think a universal type of copy option might just do perfectly, since we have a multitasking phone that can have more than one card open at a time, we would just 'tap-hold-copy' what we want to copy from first card, then go to text message card and paste into it with 'hold gesture area-v'. This would be much simpler than having 10 or more different "Attach" options inside the text message menu.
    Uggg

10 works for me, nothing wrong with 10, I have 10 fingers so, I like that number.

Decent design has SOOOO many edicts - one of which is Consistency.

Specifically, if you have an Attachment paperclip, then for the love of all things right-and-moral, that is where the User expects to find the option to do the same with most common tasks - ie - attaching a contact, a contact number, a contact email, bla, bla, bla.

It would just be one button - Right now, hitting the paper clip takes you to Photo / Video page.

So, that would be a list of 0.

How 'bout hitting the paper clip and seeing a small list simular to when you tap a text and see:

- Forward
    - Forward Via Email
    - Copy Text
    - Delete (a very interesting addition since you can Delete with a swipe - but I digress - again and again...)

That's 4 on a menu - again, I'm not afraid of 4.

So, how 'bout you touch the paper clip and get:

- Photo
    - Video
    - Contact
    - Clipboard
    - Monkey in the Trunk (Google it, it's funny!)

When you pick either of the first two, you know what you get.

Picking Contact, either takes you to Contacts or Universal search - either way, you pick a contact or part of a contact

Clipboard is a very easy way of taking whatever you've copies from any where and drop it into the text.

I know I don't have to explain what happens when you pick Monkey in the Trunk.

- Patrick
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you were considering a menu with each single attach option included, which would start to look cramped after 6 or so items, since currently we don't have the largest screen real estate, and even less for the Pixi owners...I could see this work very well actually.

Monkey in the Trunk...hahaha
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)