Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Not sure where this should go. I have just received my new Palm Pre from AT&T. So far this is a great phone. I love the fact that it is open source and that we can basically do what we like to the phone. I have been reading about battery life complaints. Well coming from Windows mobile this battery seems just as good as the other phones I have used with WM on them and all the usual audio and video players and ebook readers on them. I am getting about 8 hours of playtime with my new Pre and I am happy!!!!!! I also wanted to say thanx to all the people who have devoted time to create so many great homebrew apps for this OS. Keep up the good work!!
    Welcome, and we are now one member closer to 400,000 members!
    Welcome linuxdad36,

Welcome to the P|C forums, webOS, and your new addictions!
    1.4.5 seems to have better power management as well, so sit tight for that update.

Make sure you check out Preware as it's the portal to the homebrew world for the most part.

Welcome and enjoy.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Don't forget to snag up a Touchstone Charging base at your local RadioShack for about $15

Nothing beats wireless charging
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Welcome to P|C and webOS, if you haven't yet, drop by here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I got a snap-on type case for my pre when I got it, will the touchstone work through that or do you need to remove it to use a touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I got a snap-on type case for my pre when I got it, will the touchstone work through that or do you need to remove it to use a touchstone?
    It depends on which case you got. If you have the GRT case, it's designed to work with the touchstone. AG Findings Blue/Chrome GRT Slider Case - Palm - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    another new user here. just got my pre plus 2 days ago and already enjoying the preware goodies. love webOS already. having fun making my iPhone using wife jealous of the capabilities
    Quote Originally Posted by zach0124 View Post
    another new user here. just got my pre plus 2 days ago and already enjoying the preware goodies. love webOS already. having fun making my iPhone using wife jealous of the capabilities
    Welcome aboard Zach! Glad to see you digging in to Preware and taunting the wife Enjoy the site - and webOS!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    1.4.5 seems to have better power management as well, so sit tight for that update.
    Doesn't every update say something like that. I wouldn't say I've found 1.4.5 any better (but no worse, certainly) O2 Pre (minus) UK