Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Is anyone else getting a blank page when using the full facebook website? I can see peoples pictures fine but the info on the wall and status are blank. I have some browser patches installed such as full resolutions images and no auto refresh pages when idle but not sure if those are the culprit do to the new webos upgrade or is this a universal proble everyone is haeving when using the full facebook site?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    When I click on someone to go to their page, I see their profile picture, and their own status wall post, but where the rest of the posts should be is blank. This is when viewing the desktop version of the site on my Pre, and I currently use zero patches. The mobile version seems to work fine though.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok maybe facebook has changed their site? any one else? because thats sounds just like the issue I am having.
    Just noticed this as well. Don't know if this is a problem on our end or if it is something that has been changed on the Facebook side.

The mobile site seems to work like a charm though.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I am also having this problem today. I have not updated yet.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If it is any consolation, I was having this problem earlier today when trying to view fb on my laptop. It looks like this is a fb issue.
    This is happening to me, too, whenever I click on a notification. The area where the status/link and comments should be is blank, but most of the rest of the page is normal. Very annoying!!! This better get fixed soon!!!!

Also, private messages hasn't worked in a while. At first it would just show a spinning icon, but now it takes you to the mobile version and you can only see your messages from the mobile version.
    For what it's worth, the Facebook app for webOS is pretty good. The beta version is even better. That and the chat spoof patch, and I feel very little need to visit the full site on my phone. See here for the beta app.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For what it's worth, the Facebook app for webOS is pretty good. The beta version is even better. That and the chat spoof patch, and I feel very little need to visit the full site on my phone. See here for the beta app.
    Completely agree. I hardly visit the facebook site on my Pre anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Some people want to use the regular Facebook site for many reasons. Deal with it! LOL.

I have no desire to use the silly Facebook app.
    damn...not workin for me, and I'm on a roadtrip from chicago to new york...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    The FB app has come a looooong way but still not my cup of tea. its a tad slow and is just now getting some of the fully featured options.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    is there a trick to get to the main page? because whenever I try to, I get redirected to the mobile site
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    is there a trick to get to the main page? because whenever I try to, I get redirected to the mobile site
    Yea, I bookmarked Login | Facebook

it posted the link but its w w w. f a c e b o o k. c o m/ h o m e. p h p no spaces of course..
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Yea, I bookmarked [url= | Facebook[/url]

it posted the link but its w w w. f a c e b o o k. c o m/ h o m e. p h p no spaces of course..
    thanks!
    Same problem here. And as for comments regarding the mobile app, yes it's good - but it doesn't give you full features like deleting a post.
    Same here. I mainly use the full site to post up links on my page and this is the only way I can do it from my phone...unless I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the full site is the only place to properly post up a link will full features
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Mine's not working either
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    wow..all this time..i thought it ws just ME! I thought it ws something I did to or put on my phone. glad to know more widespread..that means someone somewhere is looking for a solution!! *hopefully*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast