1.    #1  
    I recently bought a palm pre plus for verizon for the purpose of just using it as a internet (wifi), media player. Not to make phone calls.

However, when I turn it on, its asking for my palm profile name, or to create one. Either way, I can't get past this screen since it needs to be activated on verizon's network.

How do I get past this? Is there a way?

T
    search for bypass activation screen, there is a way to do this I believe but don't quote me on it.
    Well, you can't. Why? Because you bought a device through verizon, meaning you didn't buy it unlocked, meaning you have to log into your palm profile and activate your device so Verizon can charge you. And if you don't do it within 30 days I think they just like shutdown your phone or something. Instead of buying it through Verizon you should bought it unlocked. That way a Palm Profile is still needed, but you don't have to pay Verizon. But unlocked phones are very expensive. Good luck.
    I think this is more along the lines of what you are looking for:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Well, you can't. Why? Because you bought a device through verizon, meaning you didn't buy it unlocked, meaning you have to log into your palm profile and activate your device so Verizon can charge you. And if you don't do it within 30 days I think they just like shutdown your phone or something. Instead of buying it through Verizon you should bought it unlocked. That way a Palm Profile is still needed, but you don't have to pay Verizon. But unlocked phones are very expensive. Good luck.
    No, they can! They can use the Meta Doctor for this.

Just because you purchase a phone, regardless of who you purchase it from, they cannot force you to use it and activate it on their network.

An unlocked phone is only good if you want to use it on the carrier or your choice and not be tied to any particular one.

That is not the issue here, the person wants to use the features of the phone, without using it for calls and such.
    You can use an unlocked phone for anything, but ok. I guess I was giving the answer a Tech support person would give.

But, uh, you didn't have to be rude. Some of the things I said were wrong, and so were some of the things you said. Calm down. Not a big deal. Geez.
  7.    #8  
    The developing on an unactivated phone did the trick. However, I am unable to get to the app market or update the phone at all.

Is there a way to access those features?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    You can use an unlocked phone for anything, but ok. I guess I was giving the answer a Tech support person would give.

But, uh, you didn't have to be rude. Some of the things I said were wrong, and so were some of the things you said. Calm down. Not a big deal. Geez.
    LOL! I wasn't being rude, if you want to see rude, there are plenty of people on here that can be, just go read some other threads.

I simply wanted to explain to you how it works, that way in the future you will know and can provide someone with the correct information!
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesome1996 View Post
    The developing on an unactivated phone did the trick. However, I am unable to get to the app market or update the phone at all.

Is there a way to access those features?
    Now this is one that smoothcriminal could jump in for and say you can't!

The WebOS updates have to come from your carrier, IE: Sprint releases it for their phones, Verizon for theirs and etc.

The only thing you could do to update the phone would be to use one of the WebOS Doctors, then you will have to take the necessary steps to bypass activation, again.

On the App Catalog, I think you are out of luck, because everything there is done through a Palm profile and you do not have one. That is how they track your purchases, charge you for them and etc.
    You can use a meta-doctor to bypass activation and install the newest WebOS version all at once