Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having issues launching some apps on my Pre Plus.

Apps such as EA's Need For Speed and other ones I have written using the PDK have stopped launching. When I try to open the app, the icon glows for a few seconds, then nothing happens. Other apps do not appear to be affected.

Has anyone experienced this or any ideas what I could've done to cause it and most importantly, how can I fix the problem?

Doctoring my phone may resolve the issue? But I have some paid apps. Would these be stored on my Palm profile so I don't have to pay for them again?

Thanks!
    The paid apps are stored on the Profile and will not need to be paid for again.

What phone, carrier, and OS version are you using?
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The paid apps are stored on the Profile and will not need to be paid for again.

What phone, carrier, and OS version are you using?
    Thanks for that!

Sorry, forgot to mention.

Phone: Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier: O2

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku
    If you have Preware install the fstab fix.
    I already installed the fstab fix. I installed it as soon as I got 1.4.5 a few weeks ago and all the PDK apps were working fine until the weekend. I suspect it might be caused by me testing my PDK app (although I don't know how it can stop all other PDK apps working) or updating to Preware 1.2 (unlikely?)?

Those are the only changes I recall making when it stopped working.

I have also rebooted the phone many times
    Try using the webos repair utility (if it's working with 1.4.5?). That may be able to help you out.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Try using the webos repair utility (if it's working with 1.4.5?). That may be able to help you out.
    Thank you! The repair utility replaced 3 files and PDK apps are working now.
    I'm still having the same issue as Charence even after running the repair utility - any other ideas?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    I'm still having the same issue as Charence even after running the repair utility - any other ideas?
    You used the current version (1.4.5) of the Doctor when you ran the Repair Utility, right? You can't use a previous version.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You used the current version (1.4.5) of the Doctor when you ran the Repair Utility, right? You can't use a previous version.
    Correct.

It now looks to be resolved - I had previously run the fstab fix a couple of times from Preware, but decided to run it again after the Repair Utility, and after that the PDK apps are working again.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    I tried to install fstab patch by going into Preware -> Install Package -> type in the URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._1.0.0_all.ipk and then hit Install.

It said it was installed successfully, however, I still cannot launch NFSU or Glyder2. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    It said it was installed successfully, however, I still cannot launch NFSU or Glyder2. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Thanks
    Running the repair utility and then reinstalling the fstab fix resolved it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    Running the repair utility and then reinstalling the fstab fix resolved it for me.
    Thanks. But how do I run Repair Utility? Thru Preware or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Thanks. But how do I run Repair Utility? Thru Preware or something else?
    It's a separate download. See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    I did the repair, and 3 files were corrected. Then, I applied fstab again...boy, my phone is now slow like a dog. I don't know what happened here!

here are the 3 files:
    Modified file found: /etc/event.d/PmNetConfigManager
    Modified file found: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    Modified file found: /etc/version

What can I do to fix the slowness issue now? Dr it and lose all the stuff I installed?
    Is anyone else having this problem still?

My new PDK apps worked fine for a few days then all at once stopped opening.

I have tried repair utility, fstab and manually deleting and redownloading apps but have had no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by yobobie View Post
    Is anyone else having this problem still?

My new PDK apps worked fine for a few days then all at once stopped opening.

I have tried repair utility, fstab and manually deleting and redownloading apps but have had no luck.
    Do you have overclocking patch installed after PDK games were working? If so, that might be your problem - and that was my problem.
    Yeah kinda, I have Uberkernel installed through Preware.

Do I need to remove it for good or is there an order to it so that I can keep my overclock and PDK apps?
    Last edited by yobobie; 08/16/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charence View Post
    Thank you! The repair utility replaced 3 files and PDK apps are working now.
    Which three files did it replace?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by yobobie View Post
    Yeah kinda, I have Uberkernel installed through Preware.

Do I need to remove it for good or is there an order to it so that I can keep my overclock and PDK apps?
    We are not aware of any adverse interactions between UberKernel and PDK games.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast