1.    #1  
    Around these forums you will see that I have desperately posted a number of messages regarding my mail accounts over the past few days. These ranged from inability to empty trash, inability to remove accounts and inability to correctly fix mistakes or create new accounts.

I have had little sleep and gotten less done this week to the point where my wife says I am obsessive. (I should note that my two accounts have worked extremely well over the 4 months I have had my pre plus.0

Well, I had to trick the software (don't ask) but tonight I finally got an account set up that will pull from my spamcop Pop account and send through my own domain. But somehow in the process I entered a typo in my email address. So the messages say, From: len@lgrossman.om, instead of len@lgrossman.com. Everything else is working. Sending, receiving, etc etc. but when a recipient receives a message it has the broken email address in the "from" field. Replies do go to the correct address I believe. But reply all would go to the broken address. I can't find any way to correct it and am afraid to try to start over.

I can't find any editable fields that include the error. When I open the account the wrong address appears grayed out at the top of the screen but all other fields are correct.

Help
    Any suggestions.
    If I go into mine, then click to open the preferences and settings for my gmail account, as I scroll down the next page, after selecting that account, I have one that shows my email addy, I'll use my junk one for this example: verwon@gmail.com

I can click on that email addy and edit it. Does yours not let you do that?

You have been having a ton of problems, very sorry about it, it sucks!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Sucks indeed. I guess that is why I retired on Newy Years Eve... so I'd have time to work on my phone ;( And then moved from my trusty Centro to the Pre + for the additional challenge (and as my son would say, because it is shiny.)

What is so strange is that I can't find any editable field that has the bad address. When I look at the accounts page, it shows two accounts, one is called Spamcop. That is the one I have been trying to delete all week without success. It is the one with only an outbox. The second, which I have set as my default is now named LGrossman.com and grayed out below it I see me@lgrossman.om When I click on LGrossman.com I get a new screen. At the top is the envelope icon with the erroneous address me@lgrossman.om

The account name field, which is editable is correct. If I click on Change Login Settings all the addresses there are correct. The reply address is correct. So I can't find anything to correct. But, as I said when I send mail it includes the .om address in the From field, but the .com address in the Reply to: feld.

Anyway I got up early this morning to get some things done before I have to go out and once again I am behind schedule. But aside from that and the undeletable account, everything seems to be working.
  4.    #4  
    Update: I still haven't found a way to edit the "from" line, but the account I have been trying to delete for several days suddenly disappeared some time yesterday when I wasn't looking. So there is progress. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    Update: I still haven't found a way to edit the "from" line, but the account I have been trying to delete for several days suddenly disappeared some time yesterday when I wasn't looking. So there is progress. ;-)
    Oh, man! I am seriously starting to think the Pre email app just doesn't like you! LOL!

Have you checked online to make sure there isn't a typo there in the reply address?

This is really not making any sense as to why it would still be there if it is correct everywhere else.
  6.    #6  
    Verwon,
    Just your agreement that it doesn't make sense helps..

I just sent myself an email Here are the headers:
    Reply-To: Leonard Grossman <len@lgrossman.com>
    Subject: Fw: Reply to thread 'Mail.. can't remove error "from" line'

Perhaps I should create a meditation domain and call it DOT OM.
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    Verwon,
    Just your agreement that it doesn't make sense helps..

I just sent myself an email Here are the headers:
    Reply-To: Leonard Grossman <len@lgrossman.com>
    Subject: Fw: Reply to thread 'Mail.. can't remove error "from" line'

Perhaps I should create a meditation domain and call it DOT OM.
    Now, that's a brilliant idea!

I do, however, have to admit that the email app on the phone can, sometimes, do odd things.

I had my phone for a few weeks and I had tried one of the testing kernels to overclock, I was regularly overheating while it was in my phone and the problem continued even after I removed it.

I decided to visit the doctor to see if that would solve the problem, which it did. No more overheating and I was able to go back to using Uberkernel with no issues.

However, after the doctor, when I signed back into my Palm Profile and synced my phone with my gmail to restore my contacts from the cloud, I noticed some really weird contacts and such, that I had never added to the gmail account that I use on my phone.

Now, I will freely admit that I have 2 gmail accounts, one that I used for private/personal communications and one that I post publicly for my work, so people can reach me. Needless to say, this second one gets a TON of spam, so I never use it from my phone or I'd be getting email alerts constantly that would be for completely worthless junk.

However, when I checked my preferences/accounts section, I discovered that my phone had imported the information from that account, as well as my personal one, even though I had NEVER typed the password or email addy for that account into my phone!

The only thing I can think is that, since they are both under the same name and etc, this was in the gmail could, so it was just done automatically.

I had to manually remove that account and resync to get rid of all the extra garbage.

On another note, do you have any email patches installed? I am wondering if one of them could be causing an issue?
    Removing and re-adding your account is probably your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Removing and re-adding your account is probably your best bet.
    You have apparently missed his various posts, this poor guy has done that OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

I'm surprised he hasn't tossed his Pre out a window, by now.

He has far patience than I would!
  10.    #10  
    I think I have figured out the wrong "from" address problem. When you open "add a new account" you are given a screen with two fields: email address, and password. After entering those you are given fields to configure the new account such as servers and a "reply to" address." However, if you go back to make changes you never see that opening screen again.

That also probably explains the problems I had setting up new accounts -- when I typed the email address correctly the Pre thought I already had an account for that email address, which I did, the old one I couldn't delete. So it wouldn't let me set up a new one. When I made the typo, the Pre didn't recognize it so it let me complete the setup. It probably doesn't make much difference. If anyone hits reply it will go to the Reply to address which is correct. If they hit "reply all" it will go to both addresses and the .om will bounce, but I will get the mail.

I could delete the new account and start again, but given the problems I had setting it up I think I'll stick with ommmmmmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 08/13/2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
    LOL! Can't say as I blame you, quitting while you're ahead can be a very smart policy!
  12.    #12  
    So, here I am on a 95 degree day sitting in an air conditioned noodle shop with WiFi, listening to classical music via Pandora on my Pre through a new pair of Klipsh earphones, drinking another glass of iced tea, reading NYTimes movie reviews, checking email and posting here.

Life is good.
    Not that's a great day!