Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I love how stressed and mad we all were about getting this update and we still can't get it and its a small 8mb... lol (I am laughing at myself also)
    They started using a heavily compressed method of installation back in 1.3.1 I believe it was. That 8MB of changes can actually mean that pretty much every app is changed.

... Or it can mean that it's a minor change.
    It's all because of me.

I sent them a nasty letter just a bit before this asking where the heck it was.

Actually it wasn't, but I sent it!

I actually plan on waiting till the WebOS Doctor is updated before updating anyways.
    ok i'm going to sleep..In Boston and its just relooping..0h well..smh
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I hope they learn a very important lesson from this... Pilot releases... Saves a ton of headache
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm in Iowa 10:55 p.m. and looping
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    How many of Sprint's customers not on precentral are actively trying to get the update?
    That's an excellent point. Unless you're an "active" webOS user then you don't know that the update even hit. That means the problem is even more disturbing as it is really only affecting those who know that the update is out thanks to sites like PreCentral.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder if sprint pushed out 1.4.5 an old update, instead of 1.4.5.1. Maybe something simple like replacing the old files w new ones.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    :::::
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Dallas TX looping
  11. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    dunno what the problem is . . . . but its 'not' impressing me~
    I think we should all take a 15min break from hitting the update button and allow hpalm to fix the issue without bogging there online servers down with our requests.

"since they don't seem to know how to take servers offline while they fix them."

RESUME CLICKING UPDATE @ 9:15p PST

Shouldn't be more then 15-20 anyway to fix a database issue.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    When trying to update my Palm Pre, it hangs on "checking for updates..." in the updates app. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this situation please?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    sprint-pixi-38mb-looping forever.
    sounds like a plan
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    This is kinda sad. First update under H/Palm and, to quote Days of Thunder...

<deleted by mod> If they can't get this right who has confidence they can do something major like webOS 2.0 right? Not to be Mr. Negative here but this is pretty bad. The only thing keeping me from dumping my Pre is how much I dislike Android as an OS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/10/2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: deleted impoper language
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    When trying to update my Palm Pre, it hangs on "checking for updates..." in the updates app. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this situation please?
    I'm having the same problem now. It's no longer showing that the update is available, instead it hangs on this screen now. My opinion is that Palm is working on the issue so all kinds of stuff is happening on the server side.
    Sanyo Katana***Blackberry Curve 8330***HTC Touch Diamond***Palm Pre!
    Evo 4G

"In order to change, you have to go through some changes."
    For those who skipped by my last post.

RESUME CLICKING UPDATE @ 9:15p PST

Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Well, someone didn't bother to read any of the preceding 2 million posts from other P/C members!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    it's out, but kicks you bacck and reloads when it starts to download...
    It's doing the same to me....
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast