Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829 LastLast
    gonna dl now.....nice...
    could I uninstall preware before upgradeing?
    should...not could
    i WOULD download now.. buuuut im uninstalling all my patches first and its taking awhile.. lol
    just do your themes and patches, no reason to uninstall the preware app
    nice will just uninstall themes and patches...thanks
    Now give us the NFL app!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kody.thompson113 View Post
    just do your themes and patches, no reason to uninstall the preware app
    I had to reinstall preware on one of my two pres when the patches wouldn't reinstall. It was also not able to install any patches, not just my old ones.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Received my update to 1.4.5 this evening (9/15). It took about 20 minutes to download and install at home thru my wireless broadband connection. Several patches did not make the cut and I will have to reinstall. I ran the usual app update routine and only had two apps that needed to be updated. We shall see if any thing changes.

Update 9/16 - I appears that quite a few of my previously installed patches (I have almost 40 installed) no longer work. When I delete them and try to reload them thru PreWare, I get an error message. I will try various suggestions this evening. I did not unload any patches prior to accepting the update to 1.4.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pre2930; 09/16/2010 at 08:22 AM.
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    My verizon pre plus doesn't even give me the option to update to 1.4.5 when I hit update it tells me it's updated and I currently have version 1.4.1.1. Can anyone help a fairly new user please?

FORGET IT - DID A RESTART AND IT CAME UP AS AN OPTION.
    Last edited by Deanno; 09/16/2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanno View Post
    My verizon pre plus doesn't even give me the option to update to 1.4.5 when I hit update it tells me it's updated and I currently have version 1.4.1.1. Can anyone help a fairly new user please?
    You may not have a strong enough signal in your area to update OTA. You can easily doctor to 1.4.5, just find your version here.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Well you have a few options, but first I want to make sure you don't have the patch that disables the auto update. If you have that patch then may be causing your issue.

1. Restart the device try again
    2. Wait a few weeks and see if your device gets the automagic push of the update
    3. Try partial erasing the phone and signing back in and updating
    4. WebOS doctor to the latest build

With all that aside one thing I would like to do is get a log file from your device after you attempt to update and some information about what your device information is such as build information

1. Attempt to update device by click on update application
    2. Launch phone application
    3. Type #*#LOGS# on the virtual dialpad
    4. Select quick log create
    5. Email the log file to ********* (send me a private message and I'll provide you the email address)
    6. In the email please include what the issue is for so I can match your issue to your log file.

Some additional information I would love is what build number you are running

1. Launch device info
    2. Check and see what it says for version notate that information
    3. Tap on version and it will give you the build notate that
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thank you for the input. It seems to be unpacking now so we'll see how it goes.
    What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxsekkie View Post
    Experiencing issues with data connection after installing 1.4.5. Couldn't connect to App Catalog and e-mail was knocked out until I rebooted. anyone else having these issues?
    I have the same issue w/ my ATT Pre+. Seems to happen when it switches from Edge / 3G (cannot reproduce on demand). Phone calls still work during this time but requires a reboot to get data. Weird.
    Looks like us at&t users are finally getting webOS 1.4.5. at&t said they will be doing a over the air push starting September 21st, and I say about time!..
    Didn't they already do it? I don't have an ATT Pixi but I think the PALM! Guy said the onslaught on monday was a success. Was he wrong?
    The day they released it I checked for updates and did the "download now" option.
    url pls.

I don't see anything that says 145 on pixi for att
    w8 theres 1.4.5 for pixi? when i looked there were "no updates".....
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/