Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    still haven't gotten the update. I am in TN-- any others out there still waiting?
    Just plugged my Pre into the charger when I got a popup that 1.45 is ready to be installed.

As I was not expecting this anytime soon I declined the update until I can figure out what patches, etc. I have to remove (any help would be awesome!).

The message I received after declining the update was that it would take place the next time I attach the Pre to the charger.

Am I better off writing down the name of everything I have installed, removing them all, updating and then reinstalling?

If that's the only way then I'll do it but it seems to be time consuming (I have 129 packages installed).

I didn't think the update would be mandatory and just assumed I would decline it until I had done my research.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Did my Verizon 1.4.5 update today. Seemless, no issues at all.

I noticed three new icons after the update:
    "USB Passthrough"
    "Developer Mode"
    "First Use" (picture of same package as Updates icon.

Anyone else see these?

The "First Use" icon did nothing but bring up a picture of blue clouds. Blank screen.
    USB Passthrough lets you do some sort of USB config. Didn't mess with it.
    Developer Mode lets you easily put it into USB Mode.
    Experiencing issues with data connection after installing 1.4.5. Couldn't connect to App Catalog and e-mail was knocked out until I rebooted. anyone else having these issues?
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Is anyone else experiencing a massive decrease in the time it takes to boot the phone? Both full restart and luna restart are dramatically quicker. I keep thinkng something is wrong, but I'm loving it. Luna restart went from about 3 minutes down to around 35 seconds. Full restart went from around 8 minutes to about 3 minutes.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    Did my Verizon 1.4.5 update today. Seemless, no issues at all.

I noticed three new icons after the update:
    "USB Passthrough"
    "Developer Mode"
    "First Use" (picture of same package as Updates icon.

Anyone else see these?

The "First Use" icon did nothing but bring up a picture of blue clouds. Blank screen.
    USB Passthrough lets you do some sort of USB config. Didn't mess with it.
    Developer Mode lets you easily put it into USB Mode.
    I saw those same things, and my First Use works the same way. Also, 1.4.5 brought back my VZW Navigator icon, which was previously hidden with a patch.

What's USB Passthrough used for? Anyone?

Is anyone else experiencing a massive decrease in the time it takes to boot the phone? Both full restart and luna restart are dramatically quicker. I keep thinkng something is wrong, but I'm loving it. Luna restart went from about 3 minutes down to around 35 seconds. Full restart went from around 8 minutes to about 3 minutes.
    If Soft Resets are the same things as full boots, then yes, it's a little faster. Still atrociously glacial, but I'll take a tiny improvement.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I successfully downloaded and installed 1.4.5 this morning at 7am EDT. At 9:45 am, I discovered that Mobile Hotspot was broken. It isn't broadcasting my Pre+ network name. Anyone else with this problem, or a list of things to try other than the usual 'reboot, restart, reconfigure app' choices, which I have done already. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DMorrisPE; 09/14/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    I do not have these new icons you guys are talking about. 1.4 5 VZW. I Dr.'d my phone before the update rolled out, and did a clean update. At no time did I have these new icons...
    getting an error when installing patches that weren't supposed to be affected to begin with. Error reads:
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher BLAH BLAH followed by the name of the patch

thoughts anyone.

i'm on Verizon and just updated to 1.4.5 about an hour ago
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    AT&T 1.4.5 downloading now! FINALLY! I can stop gazing at the Emulator, and actually use the dang thing!

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    still haven't gotten the update. I am in TN-- any others out there still waiting?
    I had to manually request the update, but 20 mins later I was playing Angry Birds and as far as I can tell everthing is fine I did reinstall patches, etc an have had no problems. Its probably wishful thinking but it seems a little snappier but oddly battery life is a little in the tank
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
    My battery life playing a pdk app like Angry Birds is better than playing a non-pdk app like The Settlers. Anyone else find this to be true?

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I can honestly tell you I am.
    My Govnah wont change from palm default. Press uber or screenstate 1g and nothing. Also cant get advanced launcher to install, keeps saying prev or reversed patch installed but i dont have any launcher patches installed
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
    That I got a replacement Pre 3 days before this hit, I am happy, nothing to uninstall or test, LOL. It's obviously an older model, since the chrome bit in the earpiece isn't really chrome (more like black chrome). The battery life is AMAZING compared to the one I had to replace. And, like my daughter's Pre, (also black chrome) the keyboard is flawless, yay!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    My battery life playing a pdk app like Angry Birds is better than playing a non-pdk app like The Settlers. Anyone else find this to be true?

-Gu1l7y
    Not me. One hour of Angry Birds = 70% drop in battery meter.

Totally worth it!
    Go to Preware and Update your feeds. It will then tell you that you have updated patches to download, including a kernal that works with 1.4.5 so you can use Govnah to overclock.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    First issues since install of 1.4.5...

Device info...running UberKernel 1GHz on the Screenstate 500/1000 profile.

Downloaded Putki...and was enjoying it quite a bit even though I was totally rotten at it...when it froze the phone. Had to a battery pull--first I've done since getting the device on August 10th. I removed the app. Wondered if it wasn't a processor issue...

Downloaded a couple other games--Raging Thunder, Fuzzies and Glow Hockey--and decided to leave Govnah running so I could monitor processor temperature. Raging Thunder was good for spiking the temperature into the 55-60 degree range...the history in Govnah showed an almost regular pattern to it. Wonder if I should change the UberKernel profile to stock 500 when playing games? I'm curious to see what kind of performance hit the gameplay takes as well.

Fuzzies doesn't seem to affect things too much as it's not a real processor-chewing type of thing. Ditto for Glow Hockey. All three games, however, are battery-chewers and incredibly addictive and entertaining. Thank God for multiple Touchstones.