Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast
    Installed the update:

GPS still does not work. Google Maps has not been able to pin point my location from day one.

Vanishing letters still occur.

Angry Birds is available!
    If I have the update bug where the update app just keeps looking for updates, will it find 1.4.5? Or will I have to wait for it to be delivered to my phone?
    Updated in VA, see no difference.....huh?
    VZW updated 1 hr ago. No difference here. Kinda expected that... much ado about nothing
    1.4.5 downloading today in MS, on ATT
    at&t in Rhode Island downloaded and installed fine. Had no offending patched to remove so just ran the install and then Preware to update all the patches on the phone.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Started Vz update at 0415 this morning after update I ran Preware to update all my apps and patches. When done I had two patches that would neither update nor uninstall (Named Pages, and Calendar Notification Repeat).

I fixed Named Pages by removing Glass Effects and Enable Add/Delete Pages, and then removing Named Pages. I then resolved to use Advanced App Launcher for my pages.

I tried to fix Calendar Notification Repeat by removing Ubercalendar, the only other calendar patch I have installed. howerver that did not work. I guess I will have to wait for the Verizon 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor to appear to clean up the Calendar Notification Repeat problem.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So what do you guys think, were they just sitting on the update waiting for the "perfect moment" to release it? It's kinda odd how they both released the update at the same time.
    Maybe HP told them both to release it immediately and quit blaming them for the delay.
    I think it's time for the ReleaseMyPre guy to keep the heat on with another GPS and Google Maps youTube video. In the meantime, every day at 3:00 PM EST, send more @VZWsupport tweets until the fix is in.
    Unless one of the 27 PreWare updates fix it.
    Last edited by GrandPubah; 09/14/2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: overlooked info
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    No problems with download on Verizon, Long Island NY. Let's hope we see some improvements in keyboard functionality and GPS.
    1.4.5 downloading in AL for ATT Pre Plus, no update for ATT Pixi Plus.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    do i need to remove patches and themes before I download the update?
    ATT in NorCal

Check Updates- yes!

Download now..

Downloading- done

Unpacking - done

Validating - done

Install now - clicked

rebooting.....

"Installing Update. Do not remove battery"

wait.. wait.. wait..

rebooting.....

Update Installed - Whats new in Palm 1.4.5

clicked "done"

everything looks ok.. now testing apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    do i need to remove patches and themes before I download the update?
    I was 25 out of 26 with Preware patches. The "SMS Tone per Contact" did not update or remove.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Did the Verizon 1.4.5 update. My SMS messages no longer are sent. I can still receive but none of my out going messages are successful. Pre says it can't send them.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPubah View Post
    I was 25 out of 26 with Preware patches. The "SMS Tone per Contact" did not update or remove.
    Pretty sure that one was on the no-no list. I had it on my Pre+ and replaced it with the Set Tones & Notifications patch.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    VZW 1.4.5 running flawlessly since installation around 8:45 AM today...

Preware's Update All function performed flawlessly, all patches updated without incident...

Downloaded Angry Birds immediately upon conclusion of all updates...

Got to work an hour later than I wanted to because of the Angry Birds. Yeah, the hype is well-deserved.

Otherwise, everything is working as expected, including the nGPS (No-Count GPS).

Any issues will be reported!
    I'd love to see the sales statistics graph for Angry Birds and the gigantic spike they got today.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    If I have the update bug where the update app just keeps looking for updates, will it find 1.4.5? Or will I have to wait for it to be delivered to my phone?
    OTA Software Updates should take priority over app updates. What I mean by that, is if you have app updates or not, if you have an OTA firmware update you should see that regardless of app status.

Quote Originally Posted by slhawkins View Post
    So what do you guys think, were they just sitting on the update waiting for the "perfect moment" to release it? It's kinda odd how they both released the update at the same time.
    My guess would be ATT wasn't gonna be the one left holding it up, once VZW put up a date, ATT was kinda outta excuses.