Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    To reinstall all of your patches? Launch Preware, once it's ready click in the upper left corner to get the drop down menu. Under that you will see a 'saved packages' option, select that. Towards the bottom you will have to option to update them all at at once, so no need to do them all on by one.
    Thanks for the heads up. I tried that and all it did was stay spinning on the file service. I quit and retried several times after, but pressing "select all" and nothing happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    well that was weak. installed the update, my patches are there as listed on preware, but it reset everything.

just to see, i uninstalled the smoking glass patch, and retried to install it with no success. how do i do this without having to re-installing all my 85 patches?

on sprint.

What is the smoking glass patch?

I could not find smoking ****** (* meaning I left everything after smoking blank, also tried smoke) in list of everything on preware.

I am thinking you are referring to a theme and the name may be slightly off. If this is the case, all themes should be removed prior to update. So I would say maybe we start by clarifying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I am having the same problem. All my patches & updates were just fine--when I opened Preware, it had a bunch of updates for my patches/Apps & they updated just fine.

Govnah, though, no longer shows a temperature & the profile has gone to the "Palm Default." When I click on the profile, it gives me the option of a "Screenstate 500/800" but when I click on it, it goes back to "Palm Default." I don't think that is the same as the 500/800 & it does seem slower.

Do we need to remove Govnah & reinstall? Any help appreciated.

After updating Govnah and Uberkernel you MUST do a complete reboot..NOT a luna restart. Hold down power button untill POWER icon appears, touch power and shut down. Then restart phone and you should be good to go with Govnah inputs.

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What is the smoking glass patch?

I could not find smoking ****** (* meaning I left everything after smoking blank, also tried smoke) in list of everything on preware.

I am thinking you are referring to a theme and the name may be slightly off. If this is the case, all themes should be removed prior to update. So I would say maybe we start by clarifying that.
    I'm sorry, I was referring to the sleeker "smokey" glass pane that replaced the pre's existing one when bringing up the launcher. Unless that patch is gone, I don't exactly remember the file name.
    Glass Effect Launcher? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$ $is$ $applied$ $as$ $a$ $theme$, $thus$ $being$ $the$ $reason$ $why$ $you$ $are$ $having$ $problems$ $attempting$ $to$ $reinstall$. $My$ $guess$ $if$ $in$ $your$ $IPKG$ $error$ $you$ $are$ $getting$ $a$ $directory$ $already$ $exists$ $error$ ($can$'$t$ $remember$ $the$ $directory$ $off$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $my$ $head$).

If you can post the error you are getting, when trying to install, that would be helpful.
    Update: Well I used QI to restore all my patches However The only theme I have installed is Black-Out 2. I swear that it's not a theme, unless it's a standalone.

I can't give you the error because I ended up uninstalling it last night.
    You were saying it wasn't reinstalling, which should give you some form of ipkg error.

I also know that glass effect launcher is known to be incompatible with some patches. That could also be your issue.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ok guys, i made a mistake and i updated the new webos, without removing my theme, is there anyway to undo that? if so can you help me and i really hope i dont have to reset it
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    pre is stuck on the infinite loop for updating. any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by vladydady View Post
    One suggestion: better describe your problem so that you get the most accurate help.
    But on the limited info you have provided I should imagine you will need to doctor in recovery mode.

Pip
    And for reinstalling patches, it is normal that it would spin and take awhile, if you have several installed.

and OldSkool is correct, themes should always be removed, before doing an OS update and the one he mentioned does conflict with some patches, because it touches the same files.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And for reinstalling patches, it is normal that it would spin and take awhile, if you have several installed.

and OldSkool is correct, themes should always be removed, before doing an OS update and the one he mentioned does conflict with some patches, because it touches the same files.
    can you help me with my problem??
    im not showing available vz wireless...
    Quote Originally Posted by njiki11 View Post
    can you help me with my problem??
    Okay, I looked for your other post. I am guessing you learned your lesson and will make sure a theme is removed, before doing any future OS updates! LOL!

What I would suggest trying first is seeing if you can uninstall the theme, though it may not entirely remove, so it may require another reinstall/uninstall, until you get it quite right.

Your other options, to avoid a full reset or doctor, are you can try doing an EPR, this is Emergency Patch Recovery, it's in Preware and will remove all your installed packages, themes and etc. Then you can reboot and reinstall. You'll want to make sure to update your saved packages list, first.

Another alternative is to try to WebOS repair utility. It's a file you download and run from your computer. It compares the files in your phone to those of a stock Pre and will let you know if there are any that are screwed up or corrupt. You then have the option of letting it replace them with the original files.

Have you tried any of these, yet?
    And to everyone with problems, after the update, remember, it may be a pain to doctor and recover everything, but that is the great thing about these phones. It is really hard to permanently screw one up or brick it!

Oh and if you still have all your contacts, apps and such in your phone, as well as patches, before you resort to a doctor, make sure you use Save&Restore from Preware, as well as the Pre Backup Utility from Preware. If you use both of these, you will recover almost all of your phone settings, without any hassles.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Glass Effect Launcher? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$ $is$ $applied$ $as$ $a$ $theme$, $thus$ $being$ $the$ $reason$ $why$ $you$ $are$ $having$ $problems$ $attempting$ $to$ $reinstall$. $My$ $guess$ $if$ $in$ $your$ $IPKG$ $error$ $you$ $are$ $getting$ $a$ $directory$ $already$ $exists$ $error$ ($can$'$t$ $remember$ $the$ $directory$ $off$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $my$ $head$).

If you can post the error you are getting, when trying to install, that would be helpful.
    I didn't have any problems with the glass effect launcher patch that only changes the launcher. Reinstalled just fine after the update. (I did not remove it prior.)
    Quote Originally Posted by vladydady View Post
    I had to doctor. Couldn't find any other solution...
    Hi, new to a lot of this, but when I went to update, it went through most steps and failed to install, then tried twice more with freezing, and then a failed validating process and now i can't find the update with or without wifi on and strong signal. did a EPR through webos quick install and still nothing.

Any Ideas?
    My update worked nicely and I don't seem to be affected by the 'save game bug'...
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I didn't have any problems with the glass effect launcher patch that only changes the launcher. Reinstalled just fine after the update. (I did not remove it prior.)
    My point to the person with the issue was that he has according to his post 80+ patches and an actual theme as well he has used. It is plain fact that these conflict.

As always not trying to be mean to you, but I have done a few theme mistakes, and patch conflict and to this point (all this usage later on 2 phones) I have yet had to Dr either phone.

Also I would like to say, maybe it worked fine for you. But the majority of folks that have the issues I was responding to are because they have not read up on what they are doing and educated themselves before slapping things on their phones. I am not attacking you, but the majority of patch/homebrew/mod/overclock issues come from folks that won't take the time to read up on the info that is out there.