Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 573
  1. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #401  
    I am having the same problem. All my patches & updates were just fine--when I opened Preware, it had a bunch of updates for my patches/Apps & they updated just fine.

    Govnah, though, no longer shows a temperature & the profile has gone to the "Palm Default." When I click on the profile, it gives me the option of a "Screenstate 500/800" but when I click on it, it goes back to "Palm Default." I don't think that is the same as the 500/800 & it does seem slower.

    Do we need to remove Govnah & reinstall? Any help appreciated.
  2. kaicho's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #402  
    I got the notice for the upgrade and opt for later. I was in the process of using WOSQI to remove patches and themes. For some reason the phone disconnected from my PC and started the updating.

    I ran WOSQI and it checked and updated my patches...nice. The theme was removed except it maintained the same theme icons. Everything seems OK...for now. I don't know of any apparent upgrade.
  3. #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I am having the same problem. All my patches & updates were just fine--when I opened Preware, it had a bunch of updates for my patches/Apps & they updated just fine.

    Govnah, though, no longer shows a temperature & the profile has gone to the "Palm Default." When I click on the profile, it gives me the option of a "Screenstate 500/800" but when I click on it, it goes back to "Palm Default." I don't think that is the same as the 500/800 & it does seem slower.

    Do we need to remove Govnah & reinstall? Any help appreciated.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you need to get the updated kernel from Preware feeds. I had to install the 1.4.5 Thunderchief
    Last edited by comiken205; 08/12/2010 at 12:27 PM.
  4. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you need to get the updated kernel from Preware feeds. I had to install the 1.4.5 Thunderchief
    I have it set up to update the feeds every time I open Preware. Just in case it matters, I show having Uberkernel 1.45-87, and Govnah 0.6.1.

    Thanks
  5. #405  
    Verizon better push out 1.4.5 ASAP if there's a security issue as posted on the frontpage of precentral.net. That's ridiculous.
  6. #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I am having the same problem. All my patches & updates were just fine--when I opened Preware, it had a bunch of updates for my patches/Apps & they updated just fine.

    Govnah, though, no longer shows a temperature & the profile has gone to the "Palm Default." When I click on the profile, it gives me the option of a "Screenstate 500/800" but when I click on it, it goes back to "Palm Default." I don't think that is the same as the 500/800 & it does seem slower.

    Do we need to remove Govnah & reinstall? Any help appreciated.
    Can't say it's what's required, but here's what I did when I had the same symptoms.

    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Govnah. No joy.
    • Uinstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernal, attempted to reinstall UberK, and to an ipkg error (rebooting when approriate).
    • Installed the original Palm kernel, installed UberK, installed Govnah (with the appropriate reboots). All was good.

    Your mileage may vary.
  7. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Can't say it's what's required, but here's what I did when I had the same symptoms.

    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Govnah. No joy.
    • Uinstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernal, attempted to reinstall UberK, and to an ipkg error (rebooting when approriate).
    • Installed the original Palm kernel, installed UberK, installed Govnah (with the appropriate reboots). All was good.

    Your mileage may vary.
    Thanks. I will give it a shot.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnb11902 View Post
    Yes, I had a bunch of patches, but no themes. The patches didn't cause a problem last update.
    Tried WebOS Doctor (more than once). Finally took it to the Sprint store and they swapped it out for a new one for me since they couldn't fix it either. New phone... the update worked fine.
  9. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    Verizon better push out 1.4.5 ASAP if there's a security issue as posted on the frontpage of precentral.net. That's ridiculous.
    I agree 100%, if HP/Palm has any guts, they'll 'take advantage' of this security issue to get this update pushed out sooner through AT&T and Verizon.
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    I agree 100%, if HP/Palm has any guts, they'll 'take advantage' of this security issue to get this update pushed out sooner through AT&T and Verizon.
    That's what I'm hoping...I dont want my phone to get exploited by this hack. Come on Verizon...grow a pair and let HP/Palm release their updates when THEY want to like Apple does with AT&T. It's about time Verizon stopped being so "proper" with stuff.
  11. #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Can't say it's what's required, but here's what I did when I had the same symptoms.

    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Govnah. No joy.
    • Uinstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernal, attempted to reinstall UberK, and to an ipkg error (rebooting when approriate).
    • Installed the original Palm kernel, installed UberK, installed Govnah (with the appropriate reboots). All was good.

    Your mileage may vary.
    Thanks. I will give it a shot.
    Hope you don't give all of that a shot. The last piece was the only one that worked for me!!

    Good luck.
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping...I dont want my phone to get exploited by this hack. Come on Verizon...grow a pair and let HP/Palm release their updates when THEY want to like Apple does with AT&T. It's about time Verizon stopped being so "proper" with stuff.
    You right, but "proper" is such a polite word to describe the big red
    Let's hope they (Verizon and AT&T subs) get this new update soon.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  13. #413  
    it was flawless for me. gov and uber still there and all the pre-ware patches good too.

    removed nothing (I install everything thru preware, I never use desktop to install)
    ran 1.4.5 update
    fired up pre-ware, hit update all... waited, waited... reset phone
    PERFECT! still on my 800/500 screen state setting in the GOV.. and running 1.4.5
  14. #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    Verizon better push out 1.4.5 ASAP if there's a security issue as posted on the frontpage of precentral.net. That's ridiculous.
    It was a total waste of time. The tech wrote this: "there hasn't been any communication whether or not Palm is going to release an update for Verizon Wireless" in the return email. So Verizon seems to be putting the blame on Palm.
  15. #415  
    well that was weak. installed the update, my patches are there as listed on preware, but it reset everything.

    just to see, i uninstalled the smoking glass patch, and retried to install it with no success. how do i do this without having to re-installing all my 85 patches?

    on sprint.
  16. #416  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    well that was weak. installed the update, my patches are there as listed on preware, but it reset everything.

    just to see, i uninstalled the smoking glass patch, and retried to install it with no success. how do i do this without having to re-installing all my 85 patches?

    on sprint.
    To reinstall all of your patches? Launch Preware, once it's ready click in the upper left corner to get the drop down menu. Under that you will see a 'saved packages' option, select that. Towards the bottom you will have to option to update them all at at once, so no need to do them all on by one.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17. #417  
    Just updated Sprint Pre. Then opened PreWare hit "update all." Unfortunately, I got the error messages I've attached.

    So, I updated most of my patches manually, i.e., one-by-one. Then I couldn not restart. The Luna restart button wouldn't work!

    So I pulled the battery.

    Now, fortunately, most everything seems to be in order except the few patches that wouldn't update.

    Anybody have an idea what to do now?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    I agree 100%, if HP/Palm has any guts, they'll 'take advantage' of this security issue to get this update pushed out sooner through AT&T and Verizon.
    A security exploit in 1.4.1.1? Oh god. Not that it's the end of the world or anything, but I do hope they hurry in sending the 1.4.5 update to us VZW and AT&T users.
    Last edited by DJ espeed; 08/13/2010 at 04:38 AM.
  19. CTTKDKing's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #419  
    For every update I've had to fiddle with my homebrew patches and whatnot after the upgrade to get them to work correctly. I installed this update after updating my apps in preware and then opened preware and it just updated all of my old patches automatically. Amazingly clean.
  20. #420  
    Worked the first time; after resetting the phone before the update. Seems to help on the battery life issue.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions