Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    just thought i'd update here just over 5 hours being off the charger and i'm at 88% battery been in somewhat poor service are inside a hospital running off wifi since 4 pm.
    smooth sailing here, 45 patches, uber and govnah all made it through. Am noticing better battery life here as well. Maybe even a little snappier!!
    i have noticed since the update that my phone is more responsive. meaning when i hit the power button or slide the phone up the screen lights up. it used to not light up at all and i would have to let it sit there or do a battery pull
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    also i just found it... the Phone card is now black instead of the old green.... the black looks soooo much better
    still green here...lol....did u have a theme on ur phone before??? cuz i remember this happened to some after the last update...lol
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    i believe it had something to do with a glass effect patch or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    still green here...lol....did u have a theme on ur phone before??? cuz i remember this happened to some after the last update...lol
    the only thing i have thats close to a theme is the Glass Effect Suite thing.... it was def. green before i updated. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    i believe it had something to do with a glass effect patch or something like that
    ummm then that makes sense then ..... why it wasn't black before 1.4.5 i don't know
    Followed earlier posted directions and used Preware to save installed patches & packages. Used WebOSQuickInstall for EPR and restart. Took nearly an hour to download and unpack the package then another 30 minutes to 'install'. Seemed quite peppy, even at 500MHz.

Used Preware to reinstall patches. (thanks!!) checked for updates, updated UberKernel. Set to 500/800 Screenstate and all works great again!

Have yet to try scrims, mods, other icon options, etc. Just battery display, 3G display, clock display, basic landscape stuff, etc. new version of Govnah looks to work great.
    remove it then re-install it....should return u to green...
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    ummm then that makes sense then ..... why it wasn't black before 1.4.5 i don't know
    Glass effect suite shows as updated for version 1.4.5

"UPDATED: Dialer Fix. 1.4.5 Compatible. Improved visuals. Replace the flat grey of stock webOS with this tastefully designed dark glass theme."
    Gah!!! I manage feeds to get the 1.4.5 version of Thunderbird and I get an error. I hope unixphsyco didn't give up on it!!!

UPDATE: Like they say, make sure you type it in correctly. It took me 8 tries but I finally did it! 2 hours, 3 Pre's and every patch updated without a glitch! Good work to all the Devs. Donation coming soon!
    Last edited by comiken205; 08/11/2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    Gah!!! I manage feeds to get the 1.4.5 version of Thunderbird and I get an error. I hope unixphsyco didn't give up on it!!!

UPDATE: Like they say, make sure you type it in correctly. It took me 8 tries but I finally did it! 2 hours, 3 Pre's and every patch updated without a glitch! Good work to all the Devs. Donation coming soon!
    thunderbird
    Fullerton, CA. Both Sprint Pre' s Downloaded and installed on first try!
    7am - midnight (still at 23%). mild-moderate usage and seidio 1350 battery. Charged only 20 minutes on car charger.

I think it's a definite battery life imporvement!
    ok, 1.4.5 has better battery management......I got my Seido battery about a week ago and I can't go more than 6 hours without my battery dying!!!! Bigger battery, better management=less battery life for me. Anyone else having this problem?
    Seems just as fast running stock now compared to running at 720 before!
    Can someone post a webos 1.4.5 video on youtube?
    Downloading update now. (Sprint PA)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    thunderbird
    Thunderchief, my bad!