Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Updated, ran Fstab Fixer, updated patches and UberKernel... no issues whatsoever.

Big thanks once again to WebOS Internals and all the other patch authors for making my Pre awesome!

WERD on the thanks to WebOS Internals and all the other homebrew devs!!! Updating all my patches now and then will be updating UK (non testing feed).
    It showed up for me late last night, close to midnight in Puerto Rico (AST) as a 3MB Update.

I had doctored to developer's Sprint 1.4.5 build 297. As a precaution I removed my themes, hotspot and freetetherd and the IM patches and plugins. I didn't remove any other patches or preware or homebrew and was running F105 kernel which i thought was OTA safe. Then I ran Repair Utility to make sure everything was good before the OTA.

At first it would cycle between downloading and scanning for updates but it finally worked and installed. Well, so far my findings are that it killed the F105 overclock kernel, and replaced the hosts file with a stock one effectively removing the ad blocker and facebook chat patch even though they still showed in preware as installed. I had to uninstall and reinstall to make them work. The F105 didn't install at first, I had to go back and reinstall the Pre stock kernel and then F105 installed fine.

So I reinstalled F105 Kernel , facebook chat and ad blocker patch, live messenger im plugin, glass suite theme, hotspot and freetetherd and all seems to be great!

I had the App Updates Available bug from before and I was hoping this would cure it but it didn't, still have it.
    Last edited by neit_jnf; 08/11/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I can't believe it took HPalm so long to fix a server/database issue. 5yrs. in the IT industry and i know that was a long painful downtime.
    Yeah, OK -- 2 hours to fix an issue that kept an update that has been delayed for months from being deployed -- is NOT "long painful downtime". Get a grip.
    Now, instead of the phone doing absolutely nothing, I get a white warning triangle with the words "palm.com/ROM" beneath it.

I'm hoping there's something I can do to fix it via USB perhaps without having to spend half a day camped in a Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    has anyone had any issues changing back to the 800 mhz overclocking profile? in govnah that is.. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangur View Post
    has anyone had any issues changing back to the 800 mhz overclocking profile? in govnah that is.. ???
    i had a custom one (800/225) that wasn't taking. had to do it like 3x and then it worked. seems fine now.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    wierd.. now it took.. guess i wasnt holding the ole mouth right again!
    Global Posts
    2,181 Global Posts
    Looks like Sprint has released 1.4.5 finally. Currently upgrading as I type this.
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by odoflood View Post
    Now, instead of the phone doing absolutely nothing, I get a white warning triangle with the words "palm.com/ROM" beneath it.

I'm hoping there's something I can do to fix it via USB perhaps without having to spend half a day camped in a Sprint store.

You need to visit the Doctor.

Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Installed update. Phone sucked 24% of battery in an hour I'm super glad they optimized battery use or it wouldn't have such great battery life
    Last edited by blz2; 08/11/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    I go to the update app and all it keeps doing is say checking for updates.... for as long as I have the app open, any clue how to fix this
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I checked Preware before downloading update. No updates available for my patches. Download installed successfully. Phone seems to work fine. But several of my patches don't work.

Fully Transparent Launcher
    Black Font In Launcher
    Call History During Call
    Select Alert And Notification Tones

And my battrery life is just as SHORT as it was before!!
    Downloaded here in SoCal not a problem one. All patches I had updated without a glitch

Sprint
    1.4.5 doctor up at palm
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Text message scrolling is really bad now. I noticed that when I scroll, the messages take a second or two to display. Anyone else notice this?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I updated with thunderchief and 47 patches. Everything if beautiful and running nicely. Those of you who did all the work to make this a smooth transition are over-the-top incredible.

I love you guys!
    update worked great the first time, does anyone else tha the pre is no longer inacuratley popping up with the too many cards thing
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Downloaded and updated my launch day Pre here in Tallahassee without a hitch! Best update experience yet. Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I can't believe it took HPalm so long to fix a server/database issue. 5yrs. in the IT industry and i know that was a long painful downtime.
    This is another one of your "just kidding" posts, right?