Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Update came in without a problem, installed quickly also. Nice to not see the constant "checking for updates" loop as was earlier this morning. Off to check on patches and data.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre, downloaded update and did not remove patches (only ~14 or so) that were installed through newest preware including Uberkernel and Govnuh. Installed and rebooted without hitch. Preware recognized missing patches and reapplied updated kernel on next load of it. Did have to apply the emergency fstab fix to get wirc operational. Other then that seems very smooth transition, kind of risky me doing it while in the office at the start of my work day lol
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Sprint Pre, downloaded update and did not remove patches (only ~14 or so) that were installed through newest preware including Uberkernel and Govnuh. Installed and rebooted without hitch. Preware recognized missing patches and reapplied updated kernel on next load of it. Did have to apply the emergency fstab fix to get wirc operational. Other then that seems very smooth transition, kind of risky me doing it while in the office at the start of my work day lol
    i did the same thing ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpuczko View Post
    update your feeds
    my 1.4.5 update just went through. no issues
    mobile hotspot works fine
    went into preware, hit update feeds, then i had 8 app/patch updates.
    next up i'm checking my data.
    Updating feeds did nothing for me.
    I just reinstalled the patches.
    I've had worse updates!
    Thanks all.
    Rick
    Got my update this morning. I reinstalled several packages (but not the Uberkernel) and so far it seems to hold up rather well. I loaded up several cards (Preware, Music Player, Browser) and no "Too Many Cards" messages. Only got the "Too Many Cards" message when I tried to load Dungeon Hunter and Smiles concurrently. This new firmware seems like an improvement.
    This update killed my Pre.

Never had any of the "must remove before updating" patches. No theme. I was having problems last night with it sticking at the "Installing Update" screen, so I WebOS Doctored the phone... twice. With two separate downloads. In WOSDoctor, it will claim that it cannot be doctored. If you boot it up, it has the cloud background, much like when you're first setting it up, but it states there is a problem that cannot be fixed and to go to palm.com/support.

This is a very sad day for me.
    I always do the EPR prior to updating. I did that with mine this morning and had no problems installing. Then I had to spend an hour to reinstall the 50 patches I use.
    I was hoping that EPR'ing and updating would fix the problem I have with the Launcher and that it rearranges my icons every time I reboot the Pre. No such luck. Have to Dr. the dang thing to fix this problem.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I updated OTA from the 1.4.5 Dev version floating around. Said it was 3MB. All my patches seemed entact. It even showed I still had UberKernel installed, but Govnah was stuck on Palm Profile 500mhz only and wouldn't change to anything else. So the question is, uninstalling Uberkernel, putting me back on the dev 1.4.5 stock kernel or was there any difference between it and this latest Sprint release?

Edit: Uh oh.. removed it, rebooted, now go to install it again from preware and it gives an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I updated OTA from the 1.4.5 Dev version floating around. Said it was 3MB. All my patches seemed entact. It even showed I still had UberKernel installed, but Govnah was stuck on Palm Profile 500mhz only and wouldn't change to anything else. So the question is, uninstalling Uberkernel, putting me back on the dev 1.4.5 stock kernel or was there any difference between it and this latest Sprint release?

Edit: Uh oh.. removed it, rebooted, now go to install it again from preware and it gives an error.
    this is the exact same thing that happened to me; the funny thing is I was noticing how fast everything seemed and all morning I had been running at 500mhz! So I removed uberkernel and got that error, so I installed the stock kernel and then uberkernel after the reboot. Now I am back to 1ghz and the phone is really fast now.
    I wish mine had done that. I updated flawlessly last night. I had removed the overclocking kernel and all the bad patches. Set my alarms for this morning, as I always do, for 6AM. At 9AM I woke up, phone was stone cold dead. Was 2 hours late for work. Pulled the battery. No luck. Looks like I'm going to have to try to doctor, and I don't know why. Color me ready to switch to another phone, as this is not the first time something like this has happened with this phone. With all the things I've been able to do with this phone, the only two things it's been unreliable about is being a phone, and a clock, but I can understand how that might be considered some sort of advanced functionality...
    Last edited by GLAzedFAith; 08/11/2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: More rant
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Sprint will fix or replace your defective phone, once the problem(s) are visible. Providing the insurance is valid on the phone.

Best of luck.
    I updated fine and the phone came back on but do you know if I will have to pay the 100 fee. And will I have to g in the store with an phone stuck on the boot screen so they can see it? Or just tell them my phone doesn't reboot right?
    Contact search in Universal Search seems much slower now. Everything else is quick though.

Edit: It seems to have resolved itself. Played some PDK apps and after that it was quick.
    Last edited by Oversteer325; 08/11/2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Seems the people that are having problems with this update were active patchers and overclockers. I myself don't have any of that, and the update went flawless for me.

USB Doctoring is likly your bestbet if you run into issues. Is the 1.4.5 doctor even out yet (offical).
    Updated without a hitch. By far, the most hassle-free update thanks to AUPT. Updated to 1.4.5, ran Preware and updated all the patches. Obviously, only things like UberKernel and Hide SprintTV aren't working, but that is expected. No unexpected behavior here.

Does anyone notice any performance increase (non-OC'd)? I was curious to know since this was listed as one of the improvements. I've been running UberKernel for so long that the "normal" performance is so atrocious.
    Refurb Pre (My second, from Oct 09) Sprint
    Woke up to patch update message and tried to hold off upgrade until I had a chance to read about it, uninstall 800MHz and run EPR. Either I "fat thumbed" it or I was able to hit the Install Update button while trying to unlock the screen, but I did so and it was off to the races. I figured a battery pull might do more harm the good , so I swore loudly and waited. The patch took about 5 minutes to download an install (Wifi) and everything seemed OK (Big Icons, slow smoother animations, etc. ) I ran Preware and just tried the Update ALL which ran fine to a point. When I stared getting errors I did a restart, then ran Preware->Update All until error and restarted. The only unresolved issue I found was Tone per Contact V2 began displaying the same error it had in the previous version. I updated the other patches manually and I'm back up and running.
    It just installed for me and is now about to start up I cant wait to test it out. Hopefully oc'ing and patches work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gust30 View Post
    You have to uninstall any themes on your phone. If you installed all other patches using preware, you should be fine to update.

Mine went very smooth and only took about 20 minutes and then I had to update all patches with one hit of the "Update All" button in preware
    I'm not sure but I may have installed some patches using WOQI. Does that mean I should EPR my phone before installing the update?
    Updated, ran Fstab Fixer, updated patches and UberKernel... no issues whatsoever.

Big thanks once again to WebOS Internals and all the other patch authors for making my Pre awesome!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    So my phone finally restarted so far so good. Everything seems fast and smooth. All the patches and uberkernal have been disabled. I am about to update everything.
    Didn't download till this morning, super hyped I can now download my podcasts again.