Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    I think something is wrong with my hardware everytime I reboot or update (or even when I doctor it) I always have to press Orange + Sym + R in order for it to start rebooting right! Anybody know if Sprint will replace it? It can't be a software issue since its been like that for like 3 updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I think something is wrong with my hardware everytime I reboot or update (or even when I doctor it) I always have to press Orange + Sym + R in order for it to start rebooting right! Anybody know if Sprint will replace it? It can't be a software issue since its been like that for like 3 updates!
    Sprint will fix or replace your defective phone, once the problem(s) are visible. Providing the insurance is valid on the phone.

Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Can anyone please help me with the hanging at the updates screen ("Checking for updates") since it seems it's not happening for anyone else anymore? It's been happening for me for days now and I can't figure out why.
    +1

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Have you restarted the phone? I had this yesterday and someone suggested it and it cleared it.
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    fudge, it reset EVERYTHING (except data)
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    Have you restarted the phone? I had this yesterday and someone suggested it and it cleared it.
    I've done a Luna restart as well as a complete shut-down/restart with no luck.
    Just updated to new os. Sprint/Palm Pre.
    Updated just fine. Lost all of my patches.
    Opened Preware and updated all the "Package Updates"...
    nothing... no patches are installed?
    Did Luna restart and rebooted the Pre.
    Any suggestions?
    rick
    Last edited by rah0218; 08/11/2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added info
    Pre on Sprint with no theme, preware patches, uberkernal, govnah and apps. Updated without incident. Opened preware and hit update all. 16 updates left and would not individual update. Did Luna restart. 12 package updates left. Hit update all...errored out. Multi mod, named pages in the launcher, replies forwards multi mod, ringtone for unknown callers, show app details, show download count, show wifi ssid, slider answers to speaker, swipe to delete, unhide dev mode icon, unthrottle download manager NOT UPDATED. Will try to reboot again and update all; if that doesn't work, will try remove and reinstall each. Hey, could have been worse, right?
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"
    You updated feeds?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    unpacking in Baton Rouge!
    Hey there! I'm in Baton Rouge also!!! Cool
    Well, update downloaded without incident, currently validating so will see how things go.
    Quote Originally Posted by rah0218 View Post
    Just updated to new os. Sprint/Palm Pre.
    Updated just fine. Lost all of my patches.
    Opened Preware and updated all the "Package Updates"...
    nothing... no patches are installed?
    Any suggestions?
    rick
    update your feeds
    my 1.4.5 update just went through. no issues
    mobile hotspot works fine
    went into preware, hit update feeds, then i had 8 app/patch updates.
    next up i'm checking my data.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Just updated to 1.4.5 Sprint/Pre.
    Perfect.
    1) removed patches that don't play well first (multimod, sms tones)
    2) update to 1.4.5
    3) goto Preware, update all. (it had to be run twice to get all the patches updated, including F102A and rebooted after each time)
    4) goto Preware to reinstall the 2 patches (even though multimod is just a placeholder for now)
    5) everything is working B E A Utifully..

Even seems to be snappier than before.. everything loads very quickly and smoothly.
    Now if only Flash would show up.. but it seems that is getting closer as well (I choose to be optimistic, it's better for my psyche..)

Thank you for all the work the developers have put into AUPT to make these OS updates so smooth for the patch community. Preware truly rocks.
    i had a goofy issue with govnah/uberkernal. it wasn't saving my settings. had to do it like 3x but now it's working fine.
    Interesting. I updated last night and opened Preware to see that there were several updates available. I updated them without incident.

This morning, I get an error every time I open Preware. The first few times, only 500 apps were available. Now, I get the same error message but 3000 apps appear.
    Sprint/Pre
    Got the Update Loop of Shame last night for about 2 hours
    Finally downloaded and installed 1.4.5 about midnight
    Preware updated all patches/apps except Auto Correct 3000
    Had to individually update last night...then to bed
    This morning all is returned...I use Uberkernel/Govnah
    Will check GPS Stand alone when I get home to my PC...on powerbookwhile on vacation.
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    updated preware and all is well again....not a bad update!
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    checking for updates... Spinspinspin. I have had this issue for at least a week also. Resets, shutdowns, battery pull. Still no update. Noone has a clue what to do? I guess I could try the doctor but I'd rather not...
    The patch downloaded and installed, then I got the reboot screen (with the little spinning white circle, not with the glowing "Palm").

Now my phone won't come back on.

It's not rooted, I've never done any homebrew apps, it's just a vanilla Sprint Palm Pre (albeit with a Seidio battery). But now, after installing the patch, it is a pretty black brick.

Anybody else having problems?
    doesn't that happen when i open preware?
    --------------------
    Q from NachoB: You updated feeds?
    Last edited by MikeyrInFL; 08/11/2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot to include post from NachoB
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"