Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    My Pre froze up during the reboot (the Palm icon stopped pulsing). I pulled the battery and it finally came back up. I didn't have any patches installed.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok I have a problem. If anyone can give me some help it would be much appreciated. My old pre was replaced today, so I just got a new Sprint Palm Pre all stock. I did the update to 1.4.5 befor doing anything to it to avoid any issues. I just installed WebOsQI 3.14 on my computer (thats the most recent right?) and went into Dev Mode on my Pre. When I try looking for Preware under webos internals(all) ITS NOT THERE!!! How do I get Preware??? I just cant find preware in WebOSQI. Anyone have any advice.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omi205 View Post
    Ok I have a problem. If anyone can give me some help it would be much appreciated. My old pre was replaced today, so I just got a new Sprint Palm Pre all stock. I did the update to 1.4.5 befor doing anything to it to avoid any issues. I just installed WebOsQI 3.14 on my computer (thats the most recent right?) and went into Dev Mode on my Pre. When I try looking for Preware under webos internals(all) ITS NOT THERE!!! How do I get Preware??? I just cant find preware in WebOSQI. Anyone have any advice.
    Index of /
    Completed Sprint 1.4.5 update and MHS still works
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Anyone else getting a new boot screen type? Rather than pulsing, just one of my boot pics suddenly shows up, then enlarges like it's exploding off the screen and boom, I'm back to the home screen.
    Looks the same to me
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Looks the same to me
    Yes, several other people have said that theirs are also the same. Makes no sense, I find it very odd.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by omi205 View Post
    Look under "webOS Internals - Pre" (not 'All'). Also, make sure your phone is in charging and not in USB mode
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    If you open up Preware without connecting phone, then try the webos internals (Pre) or (Pixi) feeds, that's where I currently see Preware (using webOS QI version 3.14).
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Which file do i download from the (Index of /)? I would just put that file into WebOSQI and download it into the pre? Thanks for the time
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    the .ipk if you want to use QI
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    WOOO I GOT IT!!! ok thanks everyone. It was under WebOS Internals PRE not ALL.
    This might have been answered but I have no idea how to search for it---

You don't need to uninstall patches to upgrade the OS, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    This might have been answered but I have no idea how to search for it---

You don't need to uninstall patches to upgrade the OS, right?

You have to uninstall any themes on your phone. If you installed all other patches using preware, you should be fine to update.

Mine went very smooth and only took about 20 minutes and then I had to update all patches with one hit of the "Update All" button in preware
    Cool, I upgraded everything, but its giving me an IPKG error when trying to install (or remove, apparently) the enable landscape PDF patch.
    any issues with mobile hotspot or the animated backgrounds?
    I'm trying since last night to download, but it just shows the first screen "Downloading..." with no movement in progress bar. Tried stopping it and restarting, same. Tried over wifi, and then over EVDO... anyone else still seeing this, or did anything that fixed it?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I don't understand how I've had 1.4.5 (officially) for so long..? I'm in the UK though.

I'm getting impatient for 2.0 already xD
    Wow the launcher is sure ugly without the glass effect theme...
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    If you open up Preware without connecting phone, then try the webos internals (Pre) or (Pixi) feeds, that's where I currently see Preware (using webOS QI version 3.14).
    Uh, Preware is on the phone, you may want to change that to "If you open up WebOS Quick Install"
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    phone updating now. fingers crossed