Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Update worked great for me. 32 of my 33 patches updated fine including the uberkernal. The only patch that didn't work was the named pages in launcher patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Don't see this happening, unless I'm misinterpreting what it does. When I type in a text entry box on Precentral, for example, my typing still goes off the side of the screen, and it doesn't follow the cursor.
    +1, it was the only feature I was interested in and it doesn't work
    Got the update, and currently installing it now.

However, it's stuck on the "Installing Update -- Do not remove battery" screen. It's been like this for probably 40 minutes or more, and the progress bar has only gone about 15%.

Should I remove the battery or what?
    no chages really
    this long wait and the update with the fstab issue. kinda weak sauce.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsCSalvo View Post
    Got the update, and currently installing it now.

However, it's stuck on the "Installing Update -- Do not remove battery" screen. It's been like this for probably 40 minutes or more, and the progress bar has only gone about 15%.

Should I remove the battery or what?

My phone did that and now it's bricked (I didn't remove the battery either)
    finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    My phone did that and now it's bricked (I didn't remove the battery either)
    Is there a fix? Can we doctor it or what?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Update went fine on my Pre (Sprint). Afterwards I updated all 28 patches and re-installed Uberkernel via Preware w/o problems.

Finally downloading ALL podcasts from ALL sources works again (small shoutout to drPodder btw). Just ran emergency Fstab fixer (EFF) and I'm good to go. First hybrid app I tried was Chess on Preware. Very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsCSalvo View Post
    Is there a fix? Can we doctor it or what?
    That's what the doctor was actually made for, if something went wrong with your phone and it crashed during an update!

I am not sure, however, that the 1.4.5 version is out, yet. It usually takes a day or so.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I had an unusual thing happen on my Sprint Pre update to 1.4.5.

I had previously Doctored to 1.4.5.

After starting the download, I never saw any progress on the progress bar. About 20 minutes after the download started it began validating. Either my eyes are failing me or it did not actually download anything.

Is there any other explanation?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    the patches that wont update wont uninstall i keep getting that ipk error grrrrrrr i have to do each up date one by one D=
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    the patches that wont update wont uninstall i keep getting that ipk error grrrrrrr i have to do each up date one by one D=
    Make sure you update your feeds immediately upon starting Preware. I've got one that won't update or go away (Named Pages in Launcher). I'm sure there are a couple out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I had an unusual thing happen on my Sprint Pre update to 1.4.5.

I had previously Doctored to 1.4.5.

After starting the download, I never saw any progress on the progress bar. About 20 minutes after the download started it began validating. Either my eyes are failing me or it did not actually download anything.

Is there any other explanation?
    No, that's definitely odd. I was able to watch my bar as it progressed and I know others did, too. There were posts about it.
    Well, it's no longer looping but the Updates app has been checking for updates for more than an hour without stopping....That does it. I'm gong to bed. (Sprint - Chicago, IL)
    Anyone else getting a new boot screen type? Rather than pulsing, just one of my boot pics suddenly shows up, then enlarges like it's exploding off the screen and boom, I'm back to the home screen.
    Btrain in So-Cal. Tried to download and then couldn't connect to high speed network. Although, my wifi was up and running. Did it again and then it started unpacking. That's where I'm at now..LA Sprint. It's downloading. Anybody know what, if any, are the changes or updates??????

ok, bye
    Last edited by Btrainsvoice; 08/11/2010 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Download has started.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    sprint pre 1.45 update sucess
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Make sure you update your feeds immediately upon starting Preware. I've got one that won't update or go away (Named Pages in Launcher). I'm sure there are a couple out there.
    they are updated. i got 4 that didnt update and that wont uninstall :/
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    emergency file verification is saying I need to remove a theme (com.prethemer.themes.42dc7813dd apt) that I don't currently have... can't find in preware or media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info . should I just doctor with 1.4.5?
    Last edited by Andymac85; 08/11/2010 at 02:04 AM.