1.    #1  
    Only time will really tell.

I was kayaking with some friends yesterday. I had given my wallet and phone to one of the girls to keep in her bag which was to be left in the car since it had extra clothes and towels in there. Well that somehow didn't happen, and it wasn't realized until after the fact the bag come off her kayak.

We retrieve her bag from the water, I realize, holy crap my phone is in this bag. I open it up and look for my phone, I find it at the bottom in a pool of water. Great.. I must have hit the power button bringing it out because the screen came on. I quickly tried to hold the power button to get the menu to popup to shutdown, no luck, so I had to pull the battery, during all this the phone and myself are completely wet.

I finally get home later that evening, put it in a bowl of rice for a few hours. I pull it out, turn it on, Palm logo, yes! It continues to boot, once it does everything seemed to be functioning properly, then the screen distorts and it shuts down. I take it apart and place the pieces in front of a fan for a couple of hours and try again. Since then it hasn't given me any problems, speaker phone works, camera works, keyboard works, slider, everything. I know it is only day one, and things may get worse. For it to have made it to day one I am impressed.

Yes I have kept it OC'd at 1.2 ghz as well. I wouldn't terribly mind filing an insurance claim if does go crap out soon.
    You may end up filing that insurance claim. You really shouldn't put the battery back in and boot it, until it has been left to dry for, at least, 24 hours or more, in a bag of rice or silica.

I tend to use my phone when lounging in the hot tub or soaking in my regular tub, thankfully, I've never dropped it in, yet. I do, however, know the hazards and whenever I buy something with those little silica packets, I set them aside, so they are handy, just in case!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    i did that to my 1st pre, and it just kept rebotting over and over so i put it away and got it out a couple months later and it works perfect overclocked and all so there is hope.
    Good to here it's working. Hope you're not under warranty, as the litmus water detector will exclude you.

My son went into a pool with his new LG phone 4 yrs ago. It didn't work immediately afterward, which I since found out I shouldn't have tried to power it on. A couple months later, I tried it, and it was still O.O.S. It sat in a drawer until my daughter was looking for an old phone 3+ years later to finish the contract on a broken phone. The LG powered up and is still working great.

There are instructions posted lots of places to dry out wet phones. The key is to be patient and allow lots of drying time, the proper way.

Take Care
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You may end up filing that insurance claim. You really shouldn't put the battery back in and boot it, until it has been left to dry for, at least, 24 hours or more, in a bag of rice or silica.

I tend to use my phone when lounging in the hot tub or soaking in my regular tub, thankfully, I've never dropped it in, yet. I do, however, know the hazards and whenever I buy something with those little silica packets, I set them aside, so they are handy, just in case!
    Just remember not to eat them... and ask yourself what sort of letter came to them that caused them to start putting that on the packets...

"...Dear sirs, I discovered something interesting about the packaging for the transistor radio I got for Christmas..."
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Just remember not to eat them... and ask yourself what sort of letter came to them that caused them to start putting that on the packets...

"...Dear sirs, I discovered something interesting about the packaging for the transistor radio I got for Christmas..."
    ROFL! I am always amazed at the warnings they have to put on that type of stuff.

Seriously, someone sat there and thought: Hey, they put something in this box with my new shoes, I wonder what it tastes like?

Even when he was much younger, when I showed a packet to my son and told him not to ever eat it, he said: It isn't food and it didn't come in food packaging, so why would I eat it?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!