Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, like the title says, i cannot turn airplane mode on. Ive searched far and wide to see that similar threads have been created, however they state that their phones randomly go into airplane mode.

I however can not get the phone to go into airplane mode at all by way of holding the power button. The phone thinks its in airplane mode, but i am still able to send/receive calls sms and my data connection is still established.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Restart your phone. Easiest way is to hold your orange/silver, Sym, and R keys at the same time and it will restart your phone.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input, but this is more involved than just turning the phone off and on. I admit i should have added that to my post. Thanks for the reply but that did NOT solve my problem.
    I have a similar issue where it won't go into airplane mode. I used a workaround and installed Quick Systems Tasks from Homebrew....from there turn on Airplane Mode and manually turn off the Phone Radio.

Do you overclock? Seems like this happened after I updated the F105 kernal a couple of generations ago....but it could be something completely separate.

Update: Overclocking was not the problem...no offense to the kernal developers.
    Last edited by foosball; 08/10/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well its funny that you mention, i do have f104 kernel installed, but i also feel like it has something to do with one of the patches i have installed. I will troubleshoot this and reply back. If all else fails i will take your advice. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Solved my own problem. For anyone else experiencing similar issues, i found out that the patch 'Device Menu Ultramix' was actually causing this problem. Why i dont know. After uninstalling the patch my phone can now enter airplane mode.
    Thanks for the update! I have that patch too so you definitely found the culprit.
    Glad you figured it out it was one of the patches.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    The developer of the patch said he would fix it months ago. Probably too busy.