1.    #1  
    I couldn't find a thread on this so hopefully this is not duplicating info elsewhere. I had the dreaded no longer logged into your profile. I had to doctor my sprint pre to recover from that. After restoring all my apps, patches, etc between the official restore from logging in to the profile and from preware save package list and restoring my data with save/restore. I noticed tha the "Sprint" carrier string is missing when no cards or in focus or when none are open at all. I thought a simply go in and out of airplane mode, or reboot, or even toggle to another mode switcher mode on and then off would make it come back but it appears this is a deeper issue like perhaps it was missing before I even used the saved package list to restore all my patches and homebrew apps. Anyone know how I can repair it so I see Sprint in the left of the top bar when it is supposed to be displayed?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Is your signal in "roaming"? [Do you see a letter "R" right above the bars?]
    If so, the carrier string will not be displayed, till you channge back to home network.

If not, what other top bar patches do you have? try removing them one by one and see if that fixes it. You can also try the webOS repair utility.
  3.    #3  
    Oh yes I'm in a roaming zone right now will be for the next week Normally I'm nowhere near roaming so I figured it always showed sprint there like a badge thing. Is it possible that this can be made to say something else then if it is meant to show nothing when roaming?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    If you have mode switcher and related top bar patch, you can display the particular mode name in top left.
    There's also a patch to display date instead of carrier string, but you'll have to remove it once you are back into the home network for your carrier string to be displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Oh yes I'm in a roaming zone right now will be for the next week Normally I'm nowhere near roaming so I figured it always showed sprint there like a badge thing. Is it possible that this can be made to say something else then if it is meant to show nothing when roaming?
    There are several patches available, one will make it show the date, one that will put the word PALM in that corner and another that will let you customize what it says!

Just check Preware!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    I found the ones that does the date and renames it palm but I don't see the one that lets you put a custom name in there. For now I just got the palm one there but would like to use that custom one.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I found the ones that does the date and renames it palm but I don't see the one that lets you put a custom name in there. For now I just got the palm one there but would like to use that custom one.
    I believe custom one is available in forum somewhere, you'll need to manually update the patch with the string you want to see and then install it.
    I am not sure if it's been updated to work on current version of webOS (1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5) though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I believe custom one is available in forum somewhere, you'll need to manually update the patch with the string you want to see and then install it.
    I am not sure if it's been updated to work on current version of webOS (1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5) though.
    I'll search around then. I was thinking it was like a patch you installed that provided a way to manually set it like with a text box or dialog popup on device. But replacing some text in a patch is fine too.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'll search around then. I was thinking it was like a patch you installed that provided a way to manually set it like with a text box or dialog popup on device. But replacing some text in a patch is fine too.
    Here's the one for 1.4.1/1.4.1.1

http://forums.precentral.net/2348466-post46.html