1.    #1  
    My back speaker stop working for media (i couldn't listen to my podcast last night), it works perfect for the phone app however my front speaker does not work.
    With the sounds and ringtones app i can test the ring tone on the back speaker.
    System sounds also stop working, when i close an app or play games, i don't hear anything.
    I had autospeakerphone via proximity sensor delayed patch installed which i have removed and still nothing.
    what is going on?
    do i have to DR?
    how about when you use a wired headset?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    It's very possible that your Pre believes that your headphones are still in. Go to the phone app and call someone. If in the lower left corner you see an icon for headphones, that's your problem.

My solution was to take the fluff from a q-tip, dampen it slightly, clean out the headphone area, and then blow on it (sometimes it takes multiple tries).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    how about when you use a wired headset?
    everything works perfect.
    Go into the Device Info App, tap More Info on the bottom and the under Preferences, run the Quick and Interactive tests. If the hardware is ok you may need to doctor.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    everything works perfect.
    That tells me you are stuck in headset mode. Many report that pulling the battery, and quickly pushing the headset in/out a bunch of times and/or using a q-tip will solve it.

It only happened to me once, and nothing worked. Verizon eventually sent me another one.

I don't know if the problem is mechanical or a software issue (sounds like it's usually mechanical) but search for the "ghastly headset mode" and find your help in that thread!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Go into the Device Info App, tap More Info on the bottom and the under Preferences, run the Quick and Interactive tests. If the hardware is ok you may need to doctor.

this happened once before i doctor and everything was ok.. but i was hoping not to doctor.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    That tells me you are stuck in headset mode. Many report that pulling the battery, and quickly pushing the headset in/out a bunch of times and/or using a q-tip will solve it.

It only happened to me once, and nothing worked. Verizon eventually sent me another one.

I don't know if the problem is mechanical or a software issue (sounds like it's usually mechanical) but search for the "ghastly headset mode" and find your help in that thread!
    that can really happen... damn. ok i will try the q-tip and battery pull...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    this happened once before i doctor and everything was ok.. but i was hoping not to doctor.
    I totally understand that. Why not try a battery pull. Leave it out for five or ten minutes and then reboot. It's worth a try.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    My advice is to take the phone for repairs, and have it check out. This could be something battery pull or doctoring might can't solve permanently.
  11.    #11  
    battery pull didnt work...
    HOWEVER i took a headphone jack and plug in/out about 10 times and its WORKING..
  12.    #12  
    thank you workerb33