1.    #1  
    So... after hours and hours of trying to Doctor my pre, finally got it working then it got stuck on 18% for about 45 minutes so no idea on what to do, terminated webosdoctor and unplugged my phone, and now I get this

Tried to do the whole volume up key thingy but that does absolutely nothing. WebOSDoctor just says it cannot restore it. So I'm pretty much screwed huh?

I'm seriously raging over here so if anyone has any solutions besides repeatedly stab the hell out of it, i would love you for ever.

Last edited by Mr Roman; 08/10/2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: i hate palm so much right now
    You didn't "brick" your device.... Try and put it into Recovery Mode by unplugging the device and pulling the battery. Hold the Volume UP button as you reinsert the battery. Release the button once you get the big USB icon. Start up the Doctor application and plug your device into the computer once the Doctor prompts you and continue with the prompts.

See if that allows you to fully doctor the device. Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Tried that already, nothing
    What worked for me when I came into this problem was exiting the webOS Doctor program, plugging the cable into a new port and then retrying it. Yes it seems simple but it worked.
  5.    #5  
    I tried all ports on my computer running windows 7, still the same. Although I just tried this on my laptop thats running windows xp and its doctoring now at 4%, hopefully this will work.

wwwhyyyyyyy!!!!??? i was sooo excited to beat the living hell out of it with a hammer.
    Windows 7 always gave me problems with the Doctor, luckily only my server runs 7 and the rest of my stations run XP. Anywho, try just using it on the XP from now on.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    make sure you hold your mouth just right when you do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangur View Post
    make sure you hold your mouth just right when you do this!
    Hahahaha... my Dad used to say that ALL the time! First time I've ever heard anyone else say that!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i work for the us government.. we say it all the time around here!
  10.    #10  
    Dang, it got stuck on 4% then said the phone had been disconnected, and the phone was showing the Palm logo.
    i work for the us government.. we say it all the time around here!
    What agency? I'm retired.
    Just keep trying various ports and restarting the program or even the PC.
  13.    #13  
    so far so good on the XP machine,
    at 64% and according to webos internals, 64% the modem firmware is being reflashed.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

SSA you?

SSA you?
    Me, too -- for 20+ years, then another couple of agencies.

I know -- off topic -- taking it offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Roman View Post
    so far so good on the XP machine,
    at 64% and according to webos internals, 64% the modem firmware is being reflashed.
    It's very hard, if not impossible, to brick a Pre! Many have been surprised at what their phones have come back from.

At this point, that is one of the major deciding factors in keeping me using the Pre.

Good luck and post back and let us all know if it worked.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Wish you luck. Try reinstalling webOS Doctor, too.
    what system are you using ?? how long have you let it sit after it seems to stall ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->