Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangur View Post
    thats what i read somewhere on here.. back when they were still working with the 720.. now.. that maybe be user fault.. or etc... but me personally.. i want to wait until all the bugs are fixed.. i know that on other device when you start overclocking you can cause it to over heat and fry the device.. for me.. its better safe then sorry..
    How far back are you talking?
    And I haven't seen any evidence anywhere to suggest that the uberkernel fries people's Pre's.
    I think you might be refering to older overclocking methods and not the public release uberkernel. I am also not aware of any bugs in the current uberkernel, I don't think the devs are aware of any either.

Pip
    I'm confused does preware and wosqi go together? Can you use one with out the other? Are they supposed to work in tandem?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    I'm confused does preware and wosqi go together? Can you use one with out the other? Are they supposed to work in tandem?
    WOSQI is an older program that you can still use to install and manage your device apps and patches and use to Install Preware. Preware now also has a stand alone installer available to use. I still use WOSQI to uninstall some patches and to change my Boot Screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    I personally think they compliment eachother perfectly and are both great to have.
    The obvious advantage that Preware has is that it is an on device installer and has access to all public homebrew feeds.

Also remember that they developed by two different parties.
    Preware is done by webos-internals (rwhitby, unixpsycho etc)
    Wosqi is by Canuck Software (Jason Robitaille)

Pip
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    also note that the F105 kernal to 1ghz is the stable version at the moment, I wouldnt test out the SR yet, unless you dont mind visiting the doctor on a regular basis. Since only a few people have been able to run it without any issues. Me personally the F105 is just fine at 1ghz.
    So I called sprint about changing the phone if I purchased the phone at radio shack they said just take it back to the store get the money I spent there and use it to purchase the pre with the 50 dollar mail in rebate (hate them a lot). But at least it will have a warranty and I have till september 3rd to exchange it. But I will most likely keep it.
    2. Should I overclock it right away.
    A:This all depends on you. If you feel the phone is fast enough, then you dont need to. But if you want to live on the edge, you can try the Uberkernel (800MHZ?) Isn't this at 1000Mhz as well now? F105 Thunderbird (1005MHZ), SR71 BlackBird at an AMAZINGLY FAST 1200MHZ.Both kernels were made possible by the one and only unixpsycho. All this of course are at your own discretion.
    3.I'm pretty tech savvy I fix iphones and bb's for a hobby. But I noticed that people are swapping the internals (mainly com boards) to increase there ram and internal memory. Is this really worth doing if I overclock the cpu.
    A:I dont believe you can swap verizon rams with Sprint's or vice versa, but i could be wrong. I believe this is incorrect.
    4. Anything I should know about webos and any cool little things I should do to have the best experince .
    A: Preware
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Thanks mj lol
    Welcome to the forum!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Getting my pre today so freaking excited !!!!!!!!!!aaa
    Quote Originally Posted by precon22 View Post
    Congrats!
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    2 more hours and its mine. It sucks tho I have to wait till next week to get my touchstone and case
    I am also new to the Pre (from a Pixi) and am finding this info helpful in addition to what I already knew. I will try the F105...
    Quote Originally Posted by precon22 View Post

Congradulations, I know exactly how you feel, i got mine in last Friday but haven't activated it yet until my next billing cycle on the 24th. I've been doing a lot of research on the forums in the meantime.

I don't think I'm gonna make it to the 24th........

Also, go to the AT&T interactive web page that teaches you all of the basic features. Its very detailed, long, and very good. Thats if its an AT&T phone, hopefully the other carriers have something similar. The URL will be in the quick start guide in the box.
    Last edited by blackbriar511; 08/10/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiowner1716 View Post
    I am also new to the Pre (from a Pixi) and am finding this info helpful in addition to what I already knew. I will try the F105...
    Rut Roh... gonna have to change your name then
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12