Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I am out of the country and my Sprint Pre (form one moment to the next) said I was no longer logged into my profile. It rebooted and is now asking me to sign in to the profile, but because there is no Sprint connection, it won't accept the username/password. I looked into Meta-Doctor but I'm on a PC and it seems like a lot of work to install a Linux partition, especially while on the road. If I screw up my laptop then I have NO access to anything.

So, are there any other options available to me other than waiting until I return to the US?
    you could try the cygwin method. It's a small software install on a windows machine and can give you everything you need to create a metadoctor version.
    is that any bad thing about meta-doctoring? I heard of it and never tried.. where can I learn about that cygwin method?
    This page has all the information on meta doctoring Meta-Doctor
    And this one is all about cygwin Cygwin
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This is a real flaw in the Pre. I've basically been stuck without my Pre (and all my travel related information) for over 4 days b/c Palm won't let me login to my profile over Wifi. I have no idea how or my Pre lost the profile login. This makes me very uncomfortable about travelling with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    This is a real flaw in the Pre. I've basically been stuck without my Pre (and all my travel related information) for over 4 days b/c Palm won't let me login to my profile over Wifi. I have no idea how or my Pre lost the profile login. This makes me very uncomfortable about travelling with my Pre.
    I have to agree! I just received a brand new pre from a friend that I'm flashing over to metro, and having to go over hurdles just to get into the phone is a bit excessive.
    So if you're out of the country or service area and need to login then you're screwed.