1.    #1  
    So, through the Palm Connections program (Palm Connections Submission Form) I'm getting a free Pre Plus on Verizon for 3 months - i get to keep the phone and decide what to do with it after that (I'm currently on Sprint with a Pixi, which I love)
    Have a few questions for all you seasoned Pre users out there.
    1) Do the new Pre Pluses suffer from oreo at all? Or rather, will it be a problem in the first three months? I'm deciding whether its worth it to buy an AFG case to prevent the oreo.
    2) I already run preware, a ton of patches, themes, govnah & uberkernel on my Pixi - so am fairly seasoned in homebrew. I'm curious about actual overclocking on a pre though (govnah & uberkernel just deal with memory swap on the pixi, no overclocking) Anyone's phone's overheating or having issues? If so, can I install them and just deal with the memory swap for a small boost without touching the frequencies/screenstates/etc?

Any advice would be appreciated - I think I get the phone in September. Thanks everyone! I've had my Pixi since March and this community has been awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    So, through the Palm Connections program (Palm Connections Submission Form) I'm getting a free Pre Plus on Verizon for 3 months - i get to keep the phone and decide what to do with it after that (I'm currently on Sprint with a Pixi, which I love)
    Have a few questions for all you seasoned Pre users out there.
    1) Do the new Pre Pluses suffer from oreo at all? Or rather, will it be a problem in the first three months? I'm deciding whether its worth it to buy an AFG case to prevent the oreo.
    2) I already run preware, a ton of patches, themes, govnah & uberkernel on my Pixi - so am fairly seasoned in homebrew. I'm curious about actual overclocking on a pre though (govnah & uberkernel just deal with memory swap on the pixi, no overclocking) Anyone's phone's overheating or having issues? If so, can I install them and just deal with the memory swap for a small boost without touching the frequencies/screenstates/etc?

Any advice would be appreciated - I think I get the phone in September. Thanks everyone! I've had my Pixi since March and this community has been awesome!
    The VZW Pre Plus fixed much of the "oreo effect" (as reported by users), but it still had it. Naturally, the AT&T Pre Plus is a better build (what with the fact they had more time to perfect it).

Overclocking is great on the Pre. I recommend the 1GHz option (F105), but that is your choice. You shouldn't need to go over 800Mhz to get amazing performance (having 512MB RAM kind of gives you that for the most part), but 1GHz is still nice to be able to brag about

Just out of curiosity, what was the community project?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    1 GHz overclocking is now available in UberKernel and can be set thro' Govnah.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what was the community project?
    I'm a Personal Chef/Cooking Instructor and from Aug 20th to Sept 25th I'm donating 10% of my profits to Lifelong AIDS Alliance for the Sept 25th AIDS walk in Seattle. They are focusing on that and also my work running a roving restaurant (called The French Connection, TFC) - the two tie together since I'll be using TFC as the big money maker to help raise funds.

Thanks for the advice so far, I appreciate it.