1.    #1  
    Well, not all of them are syncing anyway. I found a thread with the same issue from back in Feb... it has to have been fixed by now, right??

What's happening is that only the contacts stored in the "my contacts" folder on gmail are being synced to my Pre. That's not working for me because "my contacts" only stores 70 of the most recently contacted people... my total list is around 400.

Has anyone figured this out? I really want to believe there's a turnkey way to do this other than exporting/re-importing which seems like an end-around. Shouldn't google sync be seamless since syncing with either google or palm profile was one of the things Palm was touting?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    you can try setup google sync via Microsoft Exchange. Delete google account from contacts and mail. Than select Exchange. Server: m.google.com
    Your username and password. That's it.
    let me know if works. I think this will help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by smedley12 View Post
    Well, not all of them are syncing anyway. I found a thread with the same issue from back in Feb... it has to have been fixed by now, right??

What's happening is that only the contacts stored in the "my contacts" folder on gmail are being synced to my Pre. That's not working for me because "my contacts" only stores 70 of the most recently contacted people... my total list is around 400.

Has anyone figured this out? I really want to believe there's a turnkey way to do this other than exporting/re-importing which seems like an end-around. Shouldn't google sync be seamless since syncing with either google or palm profile was one of the things Palm was touting?
    I'm a little confused, but first of all, Palm did this deliberately. When the Pre first came out, it synced with "All Contacts" on Google Mail. Most folks didn't like this because "All Contacts" included everyone's email address that you had contact with. Palm switched to "My Contacts" so you would have more control.

The 70 most recently contacted people - is this something you're restricting it to? I ask, because my "My Contacts" has 380 + users in it.

If it's a self-imposed restriction, here's a suggestion. Create a new folder (say "My Frequent Contacts"), and add those to that group, then add all of the users you want on the Pre into "My Contacts".