Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    A while back, I dropped my Sprint Pre and the side of the phone got a crack. The screen was not cracked but the side of the phone was. Also, the wifi stopped working after this. The other day I dropped it again but I didn't see any damage. However, when I tried using it, the touchscreen was unresponsive. The phone powers up fine and the keyboard is still functional but the touchscreen will not work. I have no insurance on it and Sprint has told me they won't fix it. What should I do with it now? Is there anyway to fix it? Could I get any money for it?
  2. brendu's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #2  
    Sprint told you they would not fix it? how long have you owned it / was it at a sprint store or over the phone that they said this? Im sorry to hear about that but if it is true that they will not fix it, I would pay the early termination fee for your line and pick up a pre plus for free from att or verizon...
  3. #3  
    Get a Sprint one with a clean ESN off eBay and move your account over. Plans are expensive on both Verizon and AT&T.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #4  
    you could send it in here or do it your self

    Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs

    Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit

    I was always curious to know if the pre plus LCD/digiter with work on a pre, get rid of the "ball" for a nice smooth look.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5. P. Doeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #5  
    Same thing happened to me. I just dropped my Pre again and it started working again. Eventually it became a recurring issue and it got to the point where my solution wasn't working anymore. I bought my phone at Best Buy as well as the extended warranty. Interestingly enough they sent it out via the manufacturer's warranty since it had been under a year since I bought it. And I bought mine as soon as it came out (3 weeks after release date because I was on a waiting list due to it never being in stock). When did you get yours? Maybe you can have the same luck.

    They also fixed stuff I didn't even ask for. I got a new back cover, a fresh new keyboard pad, and they fixed the chips/scratches on the center ball. With the touch screen working again, it was like getting a brand new Pre.
  6. #6  
    believe it or not this happened to me once too. How did I fix it? Slammed the slider shut really hard, and it started working again... I mentiond it to the Sprint tech while picking up an EVO for my wife and he laughed and said he seen that work for two or three other Pres too.
  7.    #7  
    I think I just want to get rid of this one and get a new one. Could I sell it? Or even take it apart and sell parts individually? How much could I get for it?
    Last edited by ipodtouch12345; 08/09/2010 at 09:02 PM.
  8. #8  
    why would they fix it for you,its not there fault you keep dropping it. I pay for insurance for times like this,,to have it fixed if it can be fixed,,if not,pay the deductible and get it replaced. Why do people think they don't have to pay for the insurance but should get all the privliges of someone who does.
  9. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    A while back, I dropped my Sprint Pre and the side of the phone got a crack. The screen was not cracked but the side of the phone was. Also, the wifi stopped working after this. The other day I dropped it again but I didn't see any damage. However, when I tried using it, the touchscreen was unresponsive. The phone powers up fine and the keyboard is still functional but the touchscreen will not work. I have no insurance on it and



    Sprint has told me they won't fix it. What should I do with it now? Is there anyway to fix it? Could I get any money for it?
    Wipe the butter off your fingers first.
  10. P. Doeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    why would they fix it for you,its not there fault you keep dropping it. I pay for insurance for times like this,,to have it fixed if it can be fixed,,if not,pay the deductible and get it replaced. Why do people think they don't have to pay for the insurance but should get all the privliges of someone who does.
    Ethically this is about right. But in reality everyone drops their phone from time to time. A phone should be able to take a few bumps. This happened to me and i know I only dropped my Pre barely enough times to count the occurrences on two hands. And unless your phone looks like you've been playing soccer on a concrete field with it, the line between accidental damage and product defect/malfunction becomes pretty fuzzy. Which is why I say contact Palm about it and see if their warranty covers it. It worked wonders for me (unless Best Buy did something extra that I don't know about).



    Wait. I just re-read the OP. Dude CRACKED the screen? NEVER Effing MIND. I doubt the phone's salvageable enough to get more than 50 bucks profit on a resale. If it were me, I'd just charge it to the game and get a new phone.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Doeboy View Post
    Ethically this is about right. But in reality everyone drops their phone from time to time. A phone should be able to take a few bumps. This happened to me and i know I only dropped my Pre barely enough times to count the occurrences on two hands. And unless your phone looks like you've been playing soccer on a concrete field with it, the line between accidental damage and product defect/malfunction becomes pretty fuzzy. Which is why I say contact Palm about it and see if their warranty covers it. It worked wonders for me (unless Best Buy did something extra that I don't know about).



    Wait. I just re-read the OP. Dude CRACKED the screen? NEVER Effing MIND. I doubt the phone's salvageable enough to get more than 50 bucks profit on a resale. If it were me, I'd just charge it to the game and get a new phone.
    The screen isn't cracked! The plastic on the left side of the phone is. How much can I get for it.
  12. ChanceNC's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    A while back, I dropped my Sprint Pre and the side of the phone got a crack. The screen was not cracked but the side of the phone was. Also, the wifi stopped working after this. The other day I dropped it again but I didn't see any damage. However, when I tried using it, the touchscreen was unresponsive. The phone powers up fine and the keyboard is still functional but the touchscreen will not work. I have no insurance on it and Sprint has told me they won't fix it. What should I do with it now? Is there anyway to fix it? Could I get any money for it?
    Answers:

    1. Keep it as a reminder of how one should be particularly careful with an all-plastic touchscreen phone. I bought my phone a week ago at a Verizon store and the VERY helpful salesperson went out of his way to stress how important it is not to drop the Pre Plus as it is particularly susceptible to damage if dropped. I guess you were not informed of this, but even if I hadn't been told, I'd know just by holding it that I should be very careful with it. My previous phone was a BB Storm, and it is built like a tank. Think Mercedes compared to Hyundai in build quality. Folks buy these phones for the OS, not the hardware goodness.

    2. You could probably get it fixed...I have no idea how much it would cost. Another poster provided a link that might get you some ideas. If you do not have an option to purchase an unlocked phone second-hand, this might be your only option.

    3. You may get some money for it, but not much. The battery would be of value to somebody, and if the phone has the Touchstone back that might also be of some value. You won't know how much till you list it using an online classified site, auction site or other sales board. Other than that (and the accessories that came with it), it's worthless if it don't work right.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    believe it or not this happened to me once too. How did I fix it? Slammed the slider shut really hard, and it started working again... I mentiond it to the Sprint tech while picking up an EVO for my wife and he laughed and said he seen that work for two or three other Pres too.
    My wife just dropped her phone today and had the same problem. And this technique actually worked.

    My wife will probably get a spare Pre off ebay because she loves webos (and can't stand ios or android). It makes be sick to know HP killed another technology. They are the company were great ideas seem to go to die.

    Hopefully Google buys it and migrates the UI onto android.

Posting Permissions