1.    #1  
    I've searched a bit and can't find a situation that fully fits my issue.

As of a few days ago, the touchscreen becomes inoperable whenever I charge my pre. I've tried this with the stock charger, a compatible USB charger, and a car charger. I've read that this is a common occurrence while using chargers other than the ones provided by Palm. However, it is happening while using the stock charger as well.

Also, I have had the screen become unresponsive while it wasn't charging, but I believe that to be a heat issue.

My power button stopped working months ago, so perhaps I'll just head over to the sprint store.
  2.    #2  
    I'm totally against thread bumping, but I'm surprised that nobody else has had this issue...
    Do you have a touchstone you can try it on? What may be happening is that when you are inserting the USB cable into the phone it is pressing up against the screen causing issues. Placing on the touchstone would rule that out as the problem.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately, I don't own a touchstone.

I did consider that the USB charger was touching the screen somehow. Oddly enough, I've had the phone plugged in for about 3 hours today, and the screen started working after a while.
    I had the same problem, couldn't find a fix, so I just use the touchstone whenever I can
  6.    #6  
    It's getting to be pretty annoying and inconsistent. I have a feeling the screen is on it's way out, it's happing frequently whether the device is charging or not.
  7.    #7  
    Slight update to this problem. Now, the touchscreen is frequently failing to function even while it's not charging. However, if I plug it into a charger and immediately remove it, the screen starts working again.

I went into Sprint, and a replacement is on the way. But, I figured I would update this in case somebody else experiences the same issues,
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsideOfDreams View Post
    Slight update to this problem. Now, the touchscreen is frequently failing to function even while it's not charging. However, if I plug it into a charger and immediately remove it, the screen starts working again.

I went into Sprint, and a replacement is on the way. But, I figured I would update this in case somebody else experiences the same issues,
    It happened (happens) to me, it began when it was charging and then also when it was not charging. After this, about the 40% of the touchscreen stopped working. The worst part of all is that my phone does not have warranty I'm waiting to see what Palm will present so I can change my phone.
  9.    #9  
    I guess these problems are what we first generation early adopters get...

In any event, I got my replacement phone today...only to find out that the "C" key didn't work. The sprint rep just shook his head in frustration and got me another replacement.