1.    #1  
    Is there anyone out there with an AT&T pre and has the $15.00 a month data plan? If so how is it working? I got my pre in this past Friday but I'm not activating it until my next billing cycle on the 24th (I'm just anal that way) I also wanted enough time to do more research and get me a screen protector in. I'm mostly gonna be around the house around my wifi network and maybe turn data off when I leave (Is there a patch that does this well?). I just want an idea if I need to bump up to the 2gig plan to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance.
    I work from home so the Pre is connected to Wi-Fi all day. Data and data roaming is always on when I leave the house. I have a Gmail and Exchange account is set to sync "as items arrive." Most of my mobile usage is web browsing (I really don't stream music or movies very often).

Average monthly usage for me is 250mb. If I'm traveling it's higher (400mb) and if it's a calm month it's lower (150mb).

Data usage is highly veriable depending on what you do with your phone. Many members report using well over 1GB of mobile data every month and many others use less then me.

I think the key for the low mobile data usage for myself is that I'm on Wi-Fi while at home or at the gym and I don't really find myself streaming anything very much.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/09/2010 at 08:41 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I work from home so the Pre is connected to Wi-Fi all day. Data and data roaming is always on when I leave the house. I have a Gmail and Exchange account is set to sync "as items arrive." Most of my mobile usage is web browsing (I really don't stream music or movies very often).

Average monthly usage for me is 250mb. If I'm traveling it's higher (400mb) and if it's a calm month it's lower (150mb).

Data usage is highly veriable depending on what you do with your phone. Many members report using well over 1GB of mobile data every month and many others use less then me.

I think the key for the low mobile data usage for myself is that I'm on Wi-Fi while at home or at the gym and I don't really find myself streaming anything very much.
    Thanks, your information is exactly what I was looking for. I think that wifi usage will probably put me in the same tier as you. You know for new smart phone customers like myself it really sucks that the new limited data plans will make a person work like hell in managing their data. However, I can't wait to begin streaming pandora when I'm outside doing yard work or surfing the web in bed as opposed to having my laptop burn a hole through the comforter.
  4.    #4  
    I have a Gmail and Exchange account is set to sync "as items arrive."

Is that the same as logging in and manually checking them? Thats an option that I would like to do.
    I use WIFI at home, and still use 5 to 6 GB a month. I blown though 250GB on any given day.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    I use WIFI at home, and still use 5 to 6 GB a month. I blown though 250GB on any given day.

How can you use 5 to 6 gb a month and "blow thru 250 gb on any given day"?

You mean 250 mb a day right? Anyhow if you're with At&t the wifi use don't count towards your data plan. My guess you're with sprint and lucky you.