Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hey, whenever I turn on my Pre from previously turning it off the night before, the time is reset to 00:xx <-- random number of minutes.

Why is this?
    The pre, like many smartphones, get's it's time by syncing with the service towers. Even if you don't turn your phone off, you'll find that too many hours outside of service the clock will be way off because it doesn't keep very accurate time on it's own.

On a side note, why are you turning it off? Wouldn't it be simpler to just slide the hardware ringer switch over to silent? That way it keeps time through the night and any missed notifications will be waiting for you when you wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    The pre, like many smartphones, get's it's time by syncing with the service towers. Even if you don't turn your phone off, you'll find that too many hours outside of service the clock will be way off because it doesn't keep very accurate time on it's own.

On a side note, why are you turning it off? Wouldn't it be simpler to just slide the hardware ringer switch over to silent? That way it keeps time through the night and any missed notifications will be waiting for you when you wake up.
    Oh okay, thanks

Well it just wastes battery I suppose, and it still vibrates which wakes me up sometimes, unless I can turn it off On a completely random note also, is it yet possible to overclock 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I checked it and i turned network time off ages ago and its still happening?
    Turn your network time back on so the phone can reset the clock from the Network.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~