1.    #1  
    Hi -

I've looked for an app that let's you adjust the white balance / color tone in the camera app but can't find any in both official and homebrew list of apps. Many of my pics just have the wrong color due to lighting conditions - too blue inddors and too yellow outdoors. Another important feature I could use is exposure +-.

Is there such an app? I would've thought there would definitely be one by now for photos seeing how we have a really nice music remix app for music.

Thanks.
    The camera API (Application Programming Interface) hasn't been made available by Palm as of yet. Due to that, there are a shortage of apps available that can even come close to touching the camera. The only thing that does is Photo Effects.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    There's one in the app catalog called "Photo Effects Plus" - not sure if that is something you are looking for or not.

You can change pic to black and white, Sepia, adjust Brightness, Contrast and a bunch of other features.
    Photo Effects + is the ****. Crop,resize,multiple color and tone adjustments, contrast. You'll be glad you got the app and it's updated often enough.
    2.0 has the api's just over a month away...
    The SPI's for the camera and microphone should be released soon and then we expect to see quite a few apps for both.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Too bad we still won't have an autofocus feature
    I was wondering about this. I am not much of a shutterbug, but I understand that our phone has a fixed focus camera.
    I am not too concerned about this feature for use in actually taking pictures but I understand that this has implications for bar code scanning software which I would love to play with.
    I know that my regular camera has both an autofocus as well as a digital (simulated?) focus. Will the new API, allow the camera to digitally focus or is this too pie in the sky?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the info about the API not being released yet. Makes sense now. I'll play with photo effects.

In terms of auto-focus, is that even possible? The lens should be fixed to infinity and there's no focus IR beam, so how would the camera know the true distance?

What I'd prefer more than anything is that phone makers would release cell phone cameras with macro capability. Too many blurry close-up pics. My Sanyo 8400 had it, and to my knowledge, the only phone to have that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    I was wondering about this. I am not much of a shutterbug, but I understand that our phone has a fixed focus camera.
    I am not too concerned about this feature for use in actually taking pictures but I understand that this has implications for bar code scanning software which I would love to play with.
    I know that my regular camera has both an autofocus as well as a digital (simulated?) focus. Will the new API, allow the camera to digitally focus or is this too pie in the sky?
    The camera has a fairly wide angle lens. That means great depth of field which is great for group photos in a small space and for scenery. But it really needs some kind of zoom and macro capability. Maybe I should put a phone in my camera

That wide angle tends to flatten mountains but I got a nice 20 second video of the view out of my bedroom on vacation in Aspen a couple of weeks ago.
  11. Ty
    That is one thing from the Android camp that I have been jealous of. The camera on the Nexus One and some others can focus on a barcode or other close subject and the API allows all sorts of apps to use that data for amazing things. (see Google Goggles!)
    A lot of other smartphones even some dumbphones have an macro mode. I know my old LG Dare did...