1.    #1  
    So I had a treo 650 then a treo 755p. After it finally died on me I went to an android device and i am seriously thinking about coming back to palm. I miss all it used to give me. But i have some questions that im hoping someone can answer.

1. How is the reception? My droid incredible bars go up and down all day and drains the battery.

2. Can you change main icons on the main screen?

3. Is there still a program to back up the device on my comp like the treo used to do?

4. Does hotmail easily sync with the Pre

Any other things you think I should know would be greatly appreciated. I miss my keyboard and ease of use with my old palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    1. How is the reception? My droid incredible bars go up and down all day and drains the battery.

3. Is there still a program to back up the device on my comp like the treo used to do?

Any other things you think I should know would be greatly appreciated. I miss my keyboard and ease of use with my old palm.
    1. Depends on where you are, what carrier you're on, etc. Reception is great for me. Kills battery if you have low reception, but that's true on all phones.

2. Yes, very easily.

3. Back up on Palm server actually. You can restore app data using a homebrew app, which can be put onto your computer.

4. I use Hotmail and it works fine.

If you thought the Treo had ease of use, you're going to fall in love with webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Jakeeeee basically hit the nail on the head. Throw in the homebrew, the brilliance of webOS, and throw in the best support community around and it makes all of this an unbeatable choice. And hopefully by the fall sometime, webOS 2.0 and possibly new hardware?!

1. I use Verizon and the reception is great for me. The battery drain is bad at first but after you tweak your settings and set up touchstones at strategic places you should be OK.

2. Changing icons on the quick launch bar and the launcher screen is very easy.

3. All of your email and apps back up to the Palm cloud. There are some homebrew applications that allow a secondary backup to your computer.

4. I use Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo mail and they all sync to my email client.

I came from a Palm Treo 755P and think my Palm Pre Plus is the best Smartphone I have ever owned.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    4. I use Hotmail,
    I'm assuming POP, correct? Has IMAP been made available to Hotmail users as of yet?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    So I had a treo 650 then a treo 755p. After it finally died on me I went to an android device and i am seriously thinking about coming back to palm. I miss all it used to give me. But i have some questions that im hoping someone can answer.

why shouldn't i repeat everything?

1. depends on loacation/carrier.. Battery is terrible at first but gets better after first week. still won't be amazing..

2. Yea, tap, and hold icon

3. Yes, and theres ways of doing it through the cloud.

4. Amazingly easy. Have 2 hotmail accounts, and a gmail account and they all work.

any other questions?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I'm assuming POP, correct? Has IMAP been made available to Hotmail users as of yet?
    Only gmail does that so far. (there is no "as arrives" option for hotmail)
  8.    #8  
    Yea my othe question would be about battery life but you all have answered that. But i was wondering is there an extended battery that works with the touchstone? and if not what would be a good choice for extended battery?
    Yea my othe question would be about battery life but you all have answered that. But i was wondering is there an extended battery that works with the touchstone? and if not what would be a good choice for extended battery?

the 1400mah gives you a 20 percent boost, and works with the touchstone, most of the bigger ones don't, but that's cause of the backplate.. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the battery itself.

What I did, is i bought some centro batteries off of ebay, and some battery chargers. Keep 1-2 in my wallet.
  10.    #10  
    And just for the hell of it whats the biggest diff between the pre and pixi. Im on verizon
    And just for the hell of it whats the biggest diff between the pre and pixi. Im on verizon
    besides the obvious looks..

SPEED!

including the obvious/ small differences

screen size, keyboard ( slightly better on pixie), camera (better on pre), slider (please don't make say which one has it)...

I'd go with the pre plus..
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    pre plus with thunderbird or sr-71 and you'll be flying.
    everyone I tried to convince about palm that didn't listen and went andriod are now looking at the same palm phones I tried to convince them nearly a year ago like they are new and ''oh it does that?''
    the app catalog is much more limited than the competition currently as pam has yet to release several api's, but they are due out soon so don't worry.
    if you have had palmOS and android, you will prolly be like I was, dumbfounded. 'you mean to close the app I just flip it up, throwing it away? And I just start typing and it searches all directories (as in apps, contact,etc) and gives drop downs for google,bing,twitter,wiki???' awesome! Every review says that it is the most intinuitive OS available, and well... It is.
    You sir may be right about webos ease of use but when it comes down to universal search Android has webos beat hands down with true universal search that allows you a hit the search button and start typing and it searches anything and everything. Just about all OSes are doing this now even blackberry.
    Last edited by kinster02; 08/09/2010 at 01:02 AM.

hotmail haha.
    sorry, I had 1.5, some phones still do, many have moved up. I played with 2.1, I guess I could deal with it, would rather have wimo6.5

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    You sir may be right about webos ease of use but when it comes down to universal search Android has webos beat hands down with true universal search that allows you a hit the search button and start typing and it searches anything and everything. Just about all OSes are doing this now even blackberry.