1.    #1  
    I am getting very frustrated with my phone and/or google. At least 5 times my phone comes up with google contacts, calendar, and email as password being incorrect and then I have to unlock the captcha on the google website. Is there some setting that can be changed to fix this? Is this a problem with the pre software or google? I've been through many iterations of this phone (I've had nonstop problems with something or other), so this my 8th or 9th refurbished phone, but I didn't have this problem with the others, although I would occasionally need to unlock the captcha. Lately it's been getting more frequent, to the point that it's happened about every hour or two today.
    Wow! That is very odd. Have you tried contacting Google?

I had to do it once, when I first set-up my Pre, it was because they were detecting a new device and I had never actually logged out on my old device. I had just deleted the password and left the email set-up, so my son could just set it up with his account when he received my old phone.

If you were using a different phone with the same google account, before, you may want to try this.

Log-in to your gmail/google account online, towards the bottom you should see an option, in small print, to 'log-out all other sessions' click that, unlock the captcha, again and see if it helps.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    This is really weird... I'm having the same problem as of the last couple of days and its freaking annoying! I'm hoping to get it fixed tomorrow, gonna call palm and see what they say...
    Try using a stronger password. Sometimes using a less strong password can cause these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimogilvie View Post
    I am getting very frustrated with my phone and/or google. At least 5 times my phone comes up with google contacts, calendar, and email as password being incorrect and then I have to unlock the captcha on the google website. Is there some setting that can be changed to fix this? Is this a problem with the pre software or google? I've been through many iterations of this phone (I've had nonstop problems with something or other), so this my 8th or 9th refurbished phone, but I didn't have this problem with the others, although I would occasionally need to unlock the captcha. Lately it's been getting more frequent, to the point that it's happened about every hour or two today.
    Have you tried changing the password? I have run into issues where Gmail didn't work because the password when entered through the mobile site, for some stupid reason didn't match up. I never ran into an issue with Google asking me to solve the the Captcha before though. It must be annoying having to keep solving the Captcha; which I think the Captcha is one of the worst ideas every invented for the Internet.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Well after reading why this happens straight from Google I figured out my neighbors office had a weak wifi signal that had my phone going from sprint to wifi and back roughly 50 times in a day. That did it.
    Palm IIIe -> Palm m100 -> Palm 700p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre ->HTC Evo
  7.    #7  
    I generally don't keep wi-fi turned on - that battery drains enough as it is ;-) I'll try the other suggestions, but I can't wait until I can get a new phone.
    I've had to do this several times the last few days too. I was wondering why.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    This is annoying. My password is plenty strong. Gmail has been great with my pre until the last 2 weeks. What ever changed stinks.
    changing the password to make it stronger helped my fried with this problem.
    My girlfriends pixi has been doing this multiple times a day although I don't have any problems with gmail on my pre. Nothing seems to fix it.
    I've never had to do any captcha, and I've been using this phone for going on 6 months now. You guys might want to try what some of the posters have suggested, because it seems like a google issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    changing the password to make it stronger helped my fried with this problem.
    I was having the same issue and this took care of the problem. This is definitely a Google security "feature" that kicks in when it notices logins from disparate IP addresses (home, school, Sprint 3G). Changing the password to the strongest level (Google shows the strength as new password is typed) eliminated these super annoying captcha re-authentications!