1.    #1  
    Hello, all.

A couple of months ago I asked a similar question and got a couple responses, but thought I would ask again.

I currently have a Verizon Pre Plus and am looking to purchase a used ATT model. I have purchased MANY applications from the store under my profile and do not want to re-purchase them.

If I activate my new ATT Pre under my existing profile, I am assuming this will make my current VZW pre plus de-activated?

Is there any way to have 2 palms active under the same profile? If not, can I de-activate / re-activate them depending on which one I want to use WITHOUT re-installing everything?
    No, there is no way to use the same profile on multiple phones. When you log-in on a new one, it deactivates and wipes the other one.

There is no reason you can't keep both, but all of your applications and such would disappear, each time you logged into the other phone and wanted to use it. Then when you transfer back to the other, you'd run into the same thing. You'd have to go through the log-in, reinstall, update process each time.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Hello, all.

A couple of months ago I asked a similar question and got a couple responses, but thought I would ask again.

I currently have a Verizon Pre Plus and am looking to purchase a used ATT model. I have purchased MANY applications from the store under my profile and do not want to re-purchase them.

If I activate my new ATT Pre under my existing profile, I am assuming this will make my current VZW pre plus de-activated?

Is there any way to have 2 palms active under the same profile? If not, can I de-activate / re-activate them depending on which one I want to use WITHOUT re-installing everything?
    You won't repurchase them.

You own them for life...on any device
    I believe this is going to change before webOS 2.0, since the other peripheral devices will be released then
    I.e. Palmpad, and whatever else they are keeping secret
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I believe this is going to change before webOS 2.0, since the other peripheral devices will be released then
    I.e. Palmpad, and whatever else they are keeping secret
    man i hate that name -- palmpad -- hope they call it something different -- when i hear that i laugh like beavis and butthead --

maybe the Slate --- or the Note palm
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm just wondering if the michael jackson estate will sue.... I mean that was one of his trademark moves
    Well if u change carriers i dont think the apps just role over .. well maybe yeah now that i think of it they do cuz its with palm not ur carrires
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    When I activated my ATT Pre+ and signed into my Palm profile it wouldn't let me do it until I signed out of it on my Sprint Pre. If I remember correctly once I signed out of my profile on the Sprint Pre it gives an option to erase everything including USB or to just erase Apps & data. So I think once you sign out of your profile it will erase your apps on the Verizon Pre and if you wanted to swap back and forth you will have to re-download everything. Anyone feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, it's been a couple months and I don't quite remember all the details.
    You could always just get the IPK files from the phone and copy them to you PC/MAC and then install them on the 2nd phone under a diff profile and vualla. The IPK's are not profile specific so if you copy them they install on any Palm Pre. Until HPalm decides to link them to the profile anyway.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by low3 View Post
    Well if u change carriers i dont think the apps just role over .. well maybe yeah now that i think of it they do cuz its with palm not ur carrires
    i know it is not good form to pick on grammer and that my post will be flammed for doing so but honestly if you want to make a point or contribute if your post made sense it would help
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/09/2010 at 06:42 PM.
    ^^Your correct on both accounts.

In my experience you will need to sign out of the "other" device before you sign into the new device.

Also....at this time we really do not know if this will change or how it will change with webOS 2.0 and the possible release of a Palm slate.