Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    What is the average battery charge expectancy? My Pre gets 6 hours at most on a single charge. Damn that's low, and that's with average use.
    that's pretty good. VZW has touchstones on sale for 9.99 each, so stock up or buy the 2600mAh battery,
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    6 hours is about what I get, too. If I'm away from a power source, I carry a spare battery and charger. When my battery gets low, I swap batteries and charge the old one in my backpack. I always attempt to hot swap -- swap the batteries while plugged into a power source. It works roughly 4 in 10 times, the other 6 times it resets anyway.
    I carry 3 batteries to get through my day. I refuse to get a 3600 mah battery that makes my Pre look like a brick.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I've also staryed carrying an external battery thay plugs in to the usb port and charges while in my backpack.

the coolest option is the holster that has a battery in it and charges while in the holster. There is a thread around here that has lots of reviews and info...
    smartphones do like the juice!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    smartphones do like the juice!
    Well, the battery doesn't have a lot mah for all that wanted juice.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I don't use my phone very much so I can usually get around 25-30hrs on stand-by. That's with the SR-71 kernel using screenstate 500MHz-1200MHz. This is also in areas with very good cell signal. In areas of low signal strength I get around 4-6 hours.
    I always pick up spare batteries for any phone I have, just makes it a lot easier when traveling or spending a day away from home.

I usually get 6 to 8 hours on a single battery, which is about what I expect from a smartphone with multi-tasking.

I am sure my battery life would drop a little more if I actually used my Pre to make phones calls, but that's what I use it for the least.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Wow, 6 hours would be tough. I typically get 12 - 24 hours. Just enough to get through a day.

However, I have found that I've become an "opportunistic charger" - anytime I'm near a charger, I plug it in.
    As the saying goes "your results may vary depending on use". If you are a heavy user there is not a smartphone made that's battery can go all day. I consider myself a light to medium user (testing, phone calls and occasionally checking my email) and typically my Pre can go a long day and still have 60% to 70% battery left. I am using a Mugen 1400 and have done many battery tests and my Pre's consumption is typically around 1% per hour at idle with the screen off.
    I go through the battery much faster when my son starts texting me, especially since they usually incorporate videos that mom MUST watch!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    6 hours is crazy. I get 12-15 easy, even on days I use it more than others.
    i got about 6 hours too...Am i doing something wrong?..Ohhhhhh i kno...I have my GPS on lol. and google services.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I have no idea what my battery life is - I figured out pretty early that I liked 'as received' alerts on a couple of my email accounts and GPS and Facebook, so I've stocked up on Touchstones - 6 total! work, living room, bedroom, office, both cars. thank goodness for the sale/clearance prices & amazon for the cable
    I get probably 8 hours on average... and it gets really old on days when i'm not around power. Tempts me to go back to Blackberry until I see Palm's new hardware...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    What is the largest battery that is still touchstone compatable? (no mods)
    1400 Mah. I have the Pre Plus w/ a 1350 and get less battery life than my buddy's Sprint Pre with stock battery... same kernels and major settings. I just don't get this phone sometimes.
    Battery Monitor App is really nice for seeing where the juice goes. I've improved my life by a few hours just by being smarter.. And without turning off data, gps, or phone. I DO keep wifi off if I'm not actually using it... Helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast