Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    So i was thinking of going to the palm tour today in old sac because they are giving out 10 palm pre plus phones, but i was wondering if it will even work with Sprint ? I've heard that sprint is really horrible in allowing phones that they don't provide. However I really like the aspect of getting a backup phone if I do indeed win it.

Does anyone know for sure?
    No. Sprint will not allow it.
    from what I understand, at the palm summer tour you can pick a pre that will work with your carrier. I might be wrong tho.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Only if Sprint allows to activate the ESN on their system.
    A handful of people have got this to work.
    Search in this forum and you'll find threads which will be helpful to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not directly, however, someone at Sprint told me, strictly off the record, that if you could find a way to hack the ESN to make into one that you know is in their database, then you could activate it. For example, if you have an old Treo or Centro lying around, you could use that ESN. Then the Sprint network would "think" your phone was a Treo or Centro.

This person had no idea how you might go about hacking the ESN, though.
    ...and discussion of such things is strictly forbidden at P|C as it is completely illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Not directly, however, someone at Sprint told me, strictly off the record, that if you could find a way to hack the ESN to make into one that you know is in their database, then you could activate it. For example, if you have an old Treo or Centro lying around, you could use that ESN. Then the Sprint network would "think" your phone was a Treo or Centro.

This person had no idea how you might go about hacking the ESN, though.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Wow, there is an incredible amount of misinformation being posted here. The answer is yes, you can get a Pre Plus to work on Sprint, provided you have a working and activated Sprint Pre currently. The steps are:

1. Purchase used Pre Plus (can be GSM or CDMA). Craigslist and Ebay are good resources.
    2. Study the Pre teardown guide in preparation to take apart the phones. (located here: Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit)
    3. Download Meta-Doctor and extract all tokens from your Sprint Pre. (Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals)
    4. Dissamble Sprint Pre and remove the coms board.
    5. Dissamble Pre Plus and remove coms board, and swap in the Sprint coms board.
    6. Re-assamble your new Pre Plus, run Meta-Doctor and re-install with old phone tokens.
    7. Enjoy your new Pre Plus.

This requires no ESN hacking or any garbage like that, just a lot of technical knowledge, some confidence and the understanding that you could end up with two bricked phones if you aren't careful. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    the understanding that you could end up with two bricked phones if you aren't careful. Cheers.
    No problem, piece of pie, easy as cake!?????? Make sure you don't have any extra pieces lying around when you're done! Yikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    They did for me call them they will add the ESN to there system and activate it they did for me
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Very intruiging. I took my Verizon Pre Plus into a Sprint Store and the guy flat out told me he had no way to do it. I just put it back in a drawer, didn't try calling. I think I'll try calling and post back what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    They did for me call them they will add the ESN to there system and activate it they did for me
    Did you have to say anything special? Or ask to talk to someone at a certain level? Just curious because I'm getting a free Pre Plus in a week or so for a promotion I'm doing with Palm. It will be on Verizon for the three months of the promotion. When its over, I won't have a contract with Verizon (I'm on sprint) and i get the keep the phone. I emailed sprint to ask if i could run it on their network and they replied with a very long "NO", LOL.

I have a Pixi right now, so not like I can swap any hardware between the two - but then I saw this and thought I 'd ask for further info. Thanks!