1.    #1  
    This is my first smart phone. I'm struggling with some of the functionality related to this OS.

Hope this is found in the correct Category. This is dumb, I'm sure. But when I go from the launcher to the text message icon>locate the contact>create message: I tried (as an exercise) to attach a photo. Well, I haven't actually loaded any images from my computer but anyway, I tapped the Messaging tab and of course all that is there are the default files. Anyway, now I want to back out of the New Photo window and migrate back to the text message. I cannot figure out how to do this! Isn't there a back key somewhere on the keyboard? Thanks.

Speaking of files: when you open the Messaging tab and scroll down, why isn't there a folder for documents or some such?
    Use the back swipe gesture right under the screen.

You can't attach regular files to MMS messages. There is a patch for adding Audio/Video to MMS but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Use the back swipe gesture right under the screen.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
    So when I load images off my computer do they end up in a new folder located in the Attach File window in Messaging?

You can't attach regular files to MMS messages. There is a patch for adding Audio/Video to MMS but that's about it.
    Oh. Of course. So, I would need to use the email application in order to attach Word docs, etc.?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcarner View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
    So when I load images off my computer do they end up in a new folder located in the Attach File window in Messaging?

Oh. Of course. So, I would need to use the email application in order to attach Word docs, etc.?

Thanks.
    Not if you get Preware and use the patch that enables you to send files via text messages. And also, due to carrier limitations, there is a set size limit of files you can send via text messages. Also, emails have a set size limitation too, but that has nothing to do with the carrier.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Not if you get Preware and use the patch that enables you to send files via text messages.
    Sorry but I not sure I understand what you just wrote. Preware (and a patch) is an application that enables 'you to send files via text messages'? Is that what you are saying?

And also, due to carrier limitations, there is a set size limit of files you can send via text messages. Also, emails have a set size limitation too, but that has nothing to do with the carrier.
    Okay. Generally what is the cap on a file size say for an image vis^vis an email? Or, what is the cap on the file size for an entire email?

Thanks,
    Sorry but I not sure I understand what you just wrote. Preware (and a patch) is an application that enables 'you to send files via text messages'? Is that what you are saying?

Okay. Generally what is the cap on a file size say for an image vis^vis an email? Or, what is the cap on the file size for an entire email?

Thanks,
    Preware is an application that you can install in your phone to add other applications and patches that will give you added functionality or make alterations to the functionality of the Pre. It doesn't enable you to send files via text, you have to use it to install a patch that will allow you to do so. This patch, however, as was already stated, only allows for pics and videos, not text documents.

The file size for images can vary by carrier and the email one depends on your email provider and what their limits are.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    More info on Preware and what it does:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    Preware is an app that enables you to get patches.

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

Follow the guidelines. Get webos quick install and/or Preware.

And all I know is that the cap size for email is a lot than that of text messages. I'm sure someone can explain this better.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks.
    Yes to both. However, you can copy your photos to the USB portion of your Pre and make as many folders as you want for the photos. Name them whatever you want. The photo app will automatically find the photos and put them in the photo appliation by folder name.
  11.    #11  
    Preware is an app that enables you to get patches.

Follow the guidelines. Get webos quick install and/or Preware.
    Understood. Thanks.
    I'm impress with such knowledge of preware and its functionality. Hmm! I need to learn more from you Verwon. You go girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm impress with such knowledge of preware and its functionality. Hmm! I need to learn more from you Verwon. You go girl.
    Rush, this isn't eharmony lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    LOL! Thanks!

When I decided that I was going to get a Pre, I spent over a week on here. I read all the posts and as much information as I could find. So, when my Pre arrived and I activated it, I already knew what I needed to do.

Love these forums!
    Rush, this isn't eharmony lol.
    LMAO! No worries, I don't date, don't do relationships or anything of the sort.

My life is much more peaceful this way!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LMAO! No worries, I don't date, don't do relationships or anything of the sort.

My life is much more peaceful this way!
    Sounds very healthy lol.