Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Can you point to these? I have seen over and over again about "interconnected mobile devices" but, from what I have seen they are very careful about not using the term "smartphone".
    Honestly? Is this really necessary? Okay, here's from HP's press release announcing the close of the Palm acquisition:

HP today announced it has completed its acquisition of Palm Inc. at a price of $5.70 per share of Palm common stock in cash.

The combination gives HP significant headway into one of technology’s fastest-growth segments with Palm’s innovative webOS platform and family of smartphones, plus a rich portfolio of intellectual property from the smartphone pioneer.

HP’s global scale and financial strength plus Palm’s award-winning webOS experience, as well as its acclaimed Pre and Pixi smartphone product lines, enhance HP’s ability to participate more aggressively in the highly profitable, $100 billion smartphone and connected mobile device markets.

“With webOS, HP will deliver its customers a unique and compelling experience across smartphones and other mobility products,” said Todd Bradley, executive vice president, Personal Systems Group, HP. “This allows us the opportunity to fully engage in growing our smartphone family offering and the footprint of webOS.”

Under Jon Rubinstein, former Palm chairman and chief executive officer, the Palm global business unit will report to Bradley. Palm will be responsible for webOS software development and webOS based hardware products, from a robust smartphone roadmap to future slate PCs and netbooks.

“With HP’s full backing and global strengths, I’m confident that webOS will be able to reach its full potential,” said Rubinstein. ”This agreement will accelerate the development of this incredible platform with new resources, scale and support from a world-respected brand.”
    If I'm not mistaken, HP used the word "smartphone" seven times in that press release alone. And every single statement they've made for the last number of weeks have been of the same sort. Really, I think that one has to have hidden under a rock since Hurd made his initial (horribly misquoted) statement to have missed that HP has stressed smartphones almost to the point of being ridiculous.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Honestly? Is this really necessary? Okay, here's from HP's press release announcing the close of the Palm acquisition:
    It certainly should not be necessary. I admire your patience. It's all I could do to resist a ban-worthy response.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It certainly should not be necessary. I admire your patience. It's all I could do to resist a ban-worthy response.
    I kept my ban-worthy responses entirely in my own head, thank goodness.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I just bought a lightly used Pre for $100 and addd the extended life battery for it... I didn't want to burn up my upgrade dollars with sprint when HP Is releasing a new 4g WebOs device in like two months... I've been on iPhone (hated it), Android (still no charmer), Palm OS and an avid blackberry user for the last 18 months... Waiting for my Pre to come in now... Looking forward to it... Blackberry is as solid and stable as they come, so I hope I adjust quickly to WebOs...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Well, yes, but that's the point. The Pre is about a year old and the new 4G phones (the HTC and Samsung's 4G is coming out this month, supposedly) are brand new. So I'm sort of like "why get last year's phone when I can get the newest one?"
    Because none of the other phones have WebOS...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12