Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Had a palm pre earlier, and updated to a Pre Plus...but cannot get the app "virtual keyboard" working anymore...

any know issues, helps or inputs are appreciated!

thanks, nimra
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    I am having the same problem... I have a Palm Pre Plus, from Germany and using it in Greece.
    The virtual keyboard popup does not work when i double tap the gesture area.
    Any clues?
    VKB works on my Pre+ running 1.4.2 on ATT.

Did the install of VKB complete properly for you? You have to wait a long time (> 1 minute) for it to complete its installation.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Yes, the installation was complete... I am tapping on the left side (near the led) but nothing is happening (i have memos open and the cursor is blinking)
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Yes - it takes quite some time to install from Preware, more than 1 minute. Installed, deleted, reinstalled... just will not work
    this is too bad, hope someone can help???

I might have done the error to not have deinstalled "vkb" before doing the webos update - I have to confess... but am not sure.

thanks in advance

nimra
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    I recently had a problem similar to this but I would get an error message when double tapping for the keyboard all together

I uninstalled virtual keyboard through Preware and I also uninstalled "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" from Preware as well as the problem was related to VKB Default Themes and Configuration"

Try uninstalling and reinstalling those two seperately and see if that helps. The VKB Default Themes and Configuration shows up under "Miscellaneous" category under your installed packages in Preware
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    thanks - did it all - BUT no change...too bad
    i installed fine from preware
    1.4.2 web os att
    took some time to install did a reboot now when i just tap where i wanna write and double tap to the right of the center guess home button and works great only thing it takes like a full second or 2 for it to appear and sometimes i tap the home button and yeah get used to it tho
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @Res215dg
    perhaps I'm missing something on your advice - I only found the vkb default themes over the homebrew pc app to install but not the actuall vkb app or patch, which I only found over preware but which always includes the vkb default themes - so therefore I cannot really duplicate your advice of installing both files seperately...
    is there a possibility to just install vkb without the default themes seperately?
    I did as you said.
    The keyboard does not start (pop up)
    Hi, I am having trouble finding the "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" file. I cannot find any file called 'miscellaneous'. I am sure I am just not looking in the right place. Any guidance much appreciated.
    from terminal app please tell me the output of the following command

Code:
    grep locale /etc/palm/defaultPreferences.txt

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate